5 Faves & a Dud: 9/28/21 Edition
Favorite #1: Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve 2.0 ($78) in Pow Pink
If you’ve seen Despicable Me, remember the has “IT’S SO FLUFFY I’M GONNA DIEEE!” brand of enthusiasm Agnes has over the fluffy unicorn at the carnival?
I’m that level right now.
Favorite #2: Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve 2.0 ($78) in Capri
This gives me Deep Marine vibes, and that color is one of my most worn Swiftlies in winter months. It’s for when I want to dress the January version of “bright and cheery”.
Favorite #3: Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve Shirt 2.0 Race Length ($78) in Autumn Red
Curious to see this color in person. My Coach said that it looks a bit more orange IRL, so I’m curious if it’s along the lines of bittersweet? If so, I’ll cross my fingers but not hold my breath for a full length version.
Favorite #4: Fast and Free High-Rise Crop 23″ ($118) in Symphony Blue
Everyone needs a pair of deep blue crops in their rotation. Just click & shop. Click & shop these. They’re GORGEOUS. 😍
Favorite #5: Wunder Train High-Rise Crop 23″ ($88) in Heathered Capture Blue
Absolutely LOVE how they styled the model for this colorway. The heather gives it a bit more texture, and I miss me some space dye fun time.
The Dud: Align™ High-Rise Pant 25″ ($98) in Yellow Serpentine
Yellow Serpentine is like “fetch”. Stop trying to make it happen. Unless… you need something to wear underneath your banana costume in case it gets cold on Halloween. Even then, hold off. They’ll probably make it to WMTM by then.
Of course I can’t just open up 6 tabs and call it a day. That’s not how it works around here.
- lululemon Align™ High-Rise Pant with Pockets 25″ – Capture Blue
- Base Pace High Rise Crop 17″ – Black or Hyper Flow Pink Multi – What I dig about these is that I did give the Dark Red 23″ pair of Base Paces a go. I found there was a bit too much length for me when I took them out for an 8 miler this weekend. If I were to try the style again, I’d definitely go for the 17″ option.
- Cates Tee – It’s tough for me to meet a striped shirt and not want it.
- Lightweight Jersey Tank Top – A simple style that’s not going to take home any awards for innovation, but this is a staple to throw into the office wardrobe… if you ever go back
- Sculpt Tank Top – Pink Lychee – again, she’s styled so well. A bit muted for what I traditionally own, but I want to rock her look.
- Wunder Train Longline Bra – Red Merlot – Every time I wear my Sonic Pink version in a TikTok/Reel, I get questions on it. I really enjoy my black and pink versions of this bra to double as a supportive top, and am not opposed to deepening the bench.
- Invigorate Training Tank Top – Capture Blue – Still curious. If I see one in person, it’s ON. At least, it will be tried on.
- While the watercolor isn’t my personal style, I really like the look of the Align High-Rise Pant 28″ in Botanical Bloom Green Twill Multi Align Pant Full and Botanical Bloom Anchor Multi. Just like I swerved on the Spiced Chai Swiftly back in August, I may snap these up if the mood strikes.
Buyer Beware: Brushed Nulux
Lastly, we’re starting to see the focus shift to cold weather run gear, and I’ve got to throw a flag on brushed Nulux.
Options we’re seeing:
- Fast and Free High-Rise Tight 28″ Brushed Nulux – I know, I know… y’all are losing your mind over Rainforest Green
- Base Pace High-Rise Tight 28″ Brushed – Rainforest Green, Floral Electric Multi, Black
When the Brushed Fast & Frees came out last winter, I jumped on them SO fast. Sadly, after a few hikes around Arches National Park, the outside waistband of my tights started fuzzing from the friction of my day pack. I’d only worn it for a few miles, and those pants were almost brand new.
Not exactly the result you want from a set of tights you just dropped $128 on. I have never experienced that sort of fuzz with any of my traditional, non-brushed Nulux tights. So, keep your desired activity in mind if you’re looking at either of these two options.
As far as warmth… they’re a bit thicker than nulux, but not by much. If it’s on the cooler end of ‘above freezing’, these tights will be a decent option for you.
For when it’s actually effing COLD out?
Shop Now: Athleta Rainier Tight ($98)
These tights are the reason I can run when it’s 16 degrees out.
2021-22 is the third winter in a row that I will maintain that Athleta’s Rainier Tight is the top dog for cold weather run tights. Last year I was too slow on their Agate Purple, and missed out before it was even the first snowfall. But, it looks like this season’s options have arrived, and Dress Blue has my name on it.
…and if you HAVEN’T seen Despicable Me, here you go. Happy Tuesday! ☺️
All stock images property of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.