You are the company you keep, and hot diggity was my instagram feed all about this announcement released yesterday morning: Lululemon is now the official outfitter of the Canadian Olympic & Paralympic teams through 2028, beginning in February 2022 in Beijing.
Lululemon has created pieces for Olympic athletes in the past, and sponsors a few winter sport athletes like Cassie Sharpe, but I don’t think they’ve ever been part of an undertaking quite this significant before. I’d say this move is one step closer to shaking the “rich soccer Mom” stereotype. The men’s market has been growing for years, and this may help sports fans across the country (and perhaps the world) see that lululemon isn’t just for yoga pants and flippy skirts.
While this doesn’t mean that competition uniforms will be made by lululemon, all of Team Canada members will be decked out in lululemon for the following:
- Opening and closing ceremonies
- Media appearances
- Out & about the athlete’s village
So enough rambling. There are plenty of articles out there on this already – let’s see the gear! The most fun (and unexpected) part is that on the heels of the announcement, lululemon has also made several pieces from the collection available for sale online. However, because it is the Canadian Olympic team, this collection is not available to anyone outside of Canada.
Photos: Team Canada x lululemon
Me: *googles how to obtain Canadian citizenship and world class athletic abilities by 2022*
Aside from the obvious Crimson and White, the collection available to shoppers today includes Black, Ivory, Dark Olive and a fun pattern called Metamorphic Glow Starlight Green Multi. Some of the pieces have a more traditional look, with pronounced COC and lululemon emblems on them, the trendier pieces feature matted monochromatic paint schemes with CAN in block letters, the Canadian flag, or a maple leaf.
The athlete headshots above feature a lot of Dark Sport Red, which we only see for sale in accessories at this point in time.
Team Canada x lululemon: Women
- Team Canada Hooded Define Jacket Nulu COC Logo – Metamorphic Glow Starlight Green Multi
- Team Canada Align High-Rise Short 8″ COC Logo – Metamorphic Glow Starlight Green Multi, Black
- Team Canada Love Crew T-Shirt COC Logo – White, Crimson
- Team Canada Maple Leaf Love Crew T-Shirt COC Logo – Black, White Crimson
- Team Canada Perfectly Oversized Crew COC Logo – Crimson only
- Team Canada Wunder Train High-Rise Tight 28″ COC Logo – Crimson, Black. The Black features the white maple leaf on the calf.
- Team Canada lululemon Align™ High-Rise Pant 28″ COC Logo – MGSGM with a Red/White Canadian flag, or Black with matted emblem and CAN on the right calf.
- Team Canada Love Long Sleeve Shirt COC Logo – Black, White, Crimson
- Team Canada Energy Longline Bra Medium Support COC Logo – MGSGM
- Team Canada Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve 2.0 COC Logo – Storm Surge Raw Linen/Light Ivory
- Team Canada Swiftly Tech Half-Zip 2.0 COC Logo – Storm Surge Raw Linen/Light Ivory, Storm Surge Dark Olive/Rosemary Green
- Team Canada All Yours Cropped Hoodie COC Logo – Crimson, Black
- Team Canada Women’s Engineered Warmth Half-Zip COC Logo – Natural Ivory
- Team Canada All Yours Long Sleeve Shirt COC Logo – Black
- Team Canada Love Crew T-Shirt CPC Logo – Black, White
- Team Canada lululemon Align™ High-Rise Pant 28″ CPC Logo – Black
Team Canada x lululemon: Accessories
- Team Canada Baller Hat Soft COC Logo – Dark Sport Red, Black, White
- Team Canada Back to Life Sport Bottle 24oz COC Logo – Dark Sport Red, Black, White
- Team Canada 22 Future Legacy Crossbody Bag – Crimson, Artifact (Tan), Black, Light Ivory
Team Canada x lululemon: Men
TBH my audience is a solid 92% female so I’m not going to link all the men’s gear piece by piece, but here’s a shop link and a smattering of what they’ve got. TBH I’m a bit envious that Maple Metamorphosis Dark Green Multi didn’t make an appearance on the Women’s side.
All stock images property of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.