I’m talking about Sonic. The Hedgehog. I could have gone in plenty of directions with a play on the word ‘sonic’, with the bevy of Sonic Pink offerings, but I chose video games. Not a scientific phenomenon, not that place with the cherry limeade that my sister loves. Either way, there are some BRIGHT pink pieces in this week’s lululemon upload that I’m absolutely here for. Shut up and take my money.
5 Faves & a Dud: 5/25/21 Edition
Favorite #1: Adapted State High-Rise Jogger ($128) in Sonic Pink
If someone were to arbitrarily ask what age human wears hot pink joggers… their answer would probably, be something like 7. I’m 35. A bit of discrepancy here, but my youthful enthusiasm is fixated on these.
My two mainstays in the spring pants department are the black Athleta Headlands Hybrid and the Dark Olive Dance Studio Joggers, it’s time to go wild with sonic pink. Thing is… will they hit WMTM? Agh, to splurge or to hold steady. The weekly conundrum we all know but don’t love.
Favorite #2: Rogue Renegade Zip Hoodie ($128) in Black
Hands down my #1 most worn purchase of 2020 and into 2021. Roomy but tailored, not too heavy. A flattering crop length, with a bit of a taper so it’s not too boxy. Excited to see it return for those who may have missed out last year!
My coworkers have pretty much seen me in this hoodie 5 days a week for the last 6 months. It will become a core piece that you’ll have on repeat as days are warm but mornings and nights are on the cooler side. Take advantage of this second chance.
Favorite #3: Court Rival High Rise Skirt Tall ($78) in Heritage 365 Camo Deep Coal Multi/Black
Keep in mind that lulu reddit tends to lose its collective mind over Court Rival Skirts. If you are on the fence or even casually interested, better to snap one up now and return if you change your mind. Otherwise, live with them REGERTS.
Favorite #4: Pace Rival Mid-Rise Skirt *Tall ($68) in Hawaiian Blue
For a moment I was actually going to feature the LA All Yours Bubble Hem Hoodie, but then I came back down to earth and my senses. How about we feature something I would ACTUALLY purchase and wear often? Love me a Pace Rival Skirt with all of its secret pockets.
Favorite #5: Speed Up High-Rise Short 2.5″ ($58) in Sonic Pink
Go figure I *just* popped the tags on my Pink Highlight Speed Up 4″ from last season about 4 days ago. But Sonic pink, I can’t help but absolutely love you. While the 2.5″ Speed Ups haven’t been kind to me, I can’t help but want to give the HR version a go. I absolutely love my Jet Stream HR Speeds and regret not picking up the black ones before lulu so rudely retired them.
The Dud: Align Crop 21″ ($88) in Pink Puff
Grabbing at some low hanging fruit for this week’s Dud. There’s no way these aren’t sheer.
That’s Not All, Folks
Other pieces that may spark an “ooh” but not the sequential “ahh” plus a heart eyes emoji, or maybe a simple conversation…
- Customizable Snap Scarf – First the underwear lost the yoga-inspired monikers, and apparently, now, the “Vinyasa Scarf” is a thing of the past. RIP.
- LA Boxer Short – On the drive home this afternoon, it dawned on me that I don’t have any linerless non-denim shorts. Maybe I need some purple ‘after work’ shorts for the house… seeing that, you know, I never travel anymore.
- Swiftly Tech LS 2.0 – Sunset got punted to WMTM just so Warm Coral could move on in? Okay then.
- Energy Bra High Neck Long Line – Spectral Fusion Jacquard Autumn Red Teal Lagoon. Say that ten times fast.
Next up… Sonic Pink shorts for EVERYONE, regardless of what your core style of choice is…
- Hotty Hot Low Rise Short 4″
- Speed Up Mid-Rise Short 4″ – My personal favorite
- Hotty Hot High-Rise Short 4″
- Hotty Hot High-Rise Short 2.5″
Finally… the randos!
- Like a Cloud Bra Long Line – Blue Linen
- Speed Up Low-Rise Short 2.5″ – Teal Lagoon
- All Yours Cropped Crew – Grape Thistle
- Wunder Train High-Rise Tight 25″ – Heritage 365 Camo Brier Rose Multi
- Wunder Train High-Rise Crop – Le Tigre Camo Deep Coal Multi
- Ebb To Street Racerback Crop Tank Top – Tidewater Teal
- Choose a Side Reversible Super-High Rise Short 4″ – Rhino Grey/Blue Linen (Blue Linen shown)
- LA All Yours Bubble Hem Hoodie – Deep Coal Wave Wash
Welp, I guess I should wait for it to get kind of dark out so that I can justify going to bed. Things like this are why I’m old and probably don’t need to be running around in bubble hem cropped hoodies.
Step away from the shopping cart, self. Although… my half marathon is a week from Saturday and I *probably* could use some new threads for it. Right? RIGHT?!
Happy week everyone!
All stock images property of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.