Oh September, it’s you. I’m not sure how I feel about this all, given that I’m still waiting to emerge from COVID winter and have a nice Spring. While not the neon onslaught I had crossed my fingers for, there is still a lot going on with lululemon’s What’s New page this week. There are a few colors for everyone, yet somehow the majority of my picks are black on black on black.
5 Faves & a Dud: 9/1/20 Edition
Favorite #1: Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve 2.0 Love ($68) in Black/Rainbow
This rainbow woven Love Swiftly began popping up in stores a few days ago. This is one heathered look I can get behind, and I’m not the only one. Several sizes have sold out already.
I’ve been going a little HAM on the lulu lately so I told myself I’d hold back unless it came out in a long sleeved version. My money lives to see another week in the bank.
Favorite #2: Zoned In High Rise Crop 23″ ($138) in Black
October 8, 2019… I said about the Zoned in Tight: “If they came in a cropped version, the F&Fs would easily move down to second place on my warm weather run list.”
Time to put my money where my arse is.
Favorite #3: Fast and Free 2-in-1 Short Elite ($88) in Black
Every once in a while a pick makes it into the top 5 that I don’t exactly understand how or why my attention is piqued, but it is. I feel like I may have a chance at making these work, even though the only thing elite thing about me is my ability to sniff out snacks.
Favorite #4: Wunder Train Cropped Long Sleeve ($88) in Black
If I weren’t so good at snacking, I’d probably have added this to my cart and pulled the trigger already. The chocolate chip cookies in catering, I’m telling you. Some of the best I’ve ever had and saying no is OH JUST ABOUT IMPOSSIBLE because I am a weaksauce human.
Favorite #5: Dynamic Movement Short ($98) in Bronze Green
Analysis paralysis set in on this one. I like the tactical texture of the Dynamic Movement Capsule, and first couldn’t decide which piece I’d feature in the top spot. I’d really like to see these shorts in person to see what the thickness and insulation situation are.
They could be a fun play on boring hiking shorts or… they could look like I chose to don packing materials and/or a sleeping bag and call it fashion. We will never know the answer until I find these and a fitting room.
Ah, the fitting room. I miss that place. I haven’t been in almost 6 months.
The Dud: Speed Up Short ($58) in Heather Lux Multi Hazel Green/Hazel Green
Shout out to this heathered snot green colorway for being a hard pass. This week’s decision was an easy one.
But of course there’s more…
It’s the first upload of the month, and without much rhyme or reason there are still plenty of new items to pay attention to. Styles and colors are a bit all over the place, which means there’s something for almost everyone.
Diamond Dye Graphite Grey Pink Pastel. In can’t tell if I like it or not. The Big Lemon is banking on the majority of us falling on team “I fucking love it”, because we have a decent smattering of options that dropped this week.
- Align Pant 25″ & Align Crop 23″
- Cool Racerback II Nulu
- Unlimit High-Rise Tight 25″ Keyhole & Unlimit High-Rise Crop 23″ Keyhole
- Key to Balance Tank – Um hi can I get this in black or a bright blue please?
Keeping with the “what the hell just dye it” trend, several more Game Day options appeared in recent days above and beyond last week’s Fast & Frees, Flow Y Bra and Hooded Define.
- Align Pant II 25″ – Blue, Red, Dark Chrome
- Fast and Free Tight II 25″ – Added dark chrome
- Hotty Hot Short II 2.5″ – Blue
- Align Super High Rise Short 10″ – Dark Chrome & Blue
Aaaand the accessories for all of your “it’s football day and I’m watching from the couch but I still want to represent” needs… the following accessories dropped in both red and blue options:
- Uplifting Scrunchie
- Both Ways Bucket Hat – not sure who’s going to buy this but I’m not sure about a lot of things in life
- Fast Paced Run Visor II
- Fast and Free Women’s Run Hat
Alright. Enough of the dyed things.
- I must make a decision between the Dynamic Movement Hoodie and its sister, the Dynamic Movement Zip Hoodie. Digging both, can’t have both. I’ve got limits, you know.
- I don’t yet own the Time to Sweat Crop, and the Heritage 365 Camo Deep Coal Multi makes me wonder if it’s about that time.
- So the Always There Trenchcoat. I, for one, and here for it. Here waiting with crossed fingers that it hits WMTM and I an save a Benjamin and then some on it.
- Add the Crosshatch Texture Magnet Grey Multi/Magnet Grey Here to There High-Rise 7/8 Pant to the errday pant lineup. Thank heavens for copy pasta on that one.
- Oooooh I may have passed on the incognito version, but the Heritage 365 Camo Dark Olive Multi Define Jacket? Hiiii you <3
- Stirrups are fun until you try to wear shoes. I LOVED the herringbone/black stirrup WUPS from who knows when ago, but I rarely wear them because they feel a little weird on the feet. My point? They’re back: Align Super High-Rise Stirrup Pant
- Speaking of super high… Wunder Under Super High-Rise Tight Full-On Luxtreme 28″ – what up heritage camo? You are!
- While unsure if i could personally pull offf the look, I am in love with how the Frontier Beyond the Studio Jacket has been styled.
- Simply There Boyshort – I want camo underpants.
- The amber orange Sculpt Tank is a yes for me.
Eesh, that was a long post. I’m tired now.
All stock images property of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.