Just want to take a moment and stare off into the abyss and realize that my next edition of 5 Faves & a Dud will be published in Sep-frickin-tember. Of course this means that we can’t expect much from this week’s lululemon upload, but next week should be a big ol’ pile that HOPEFULLY includes the Tall Highlight Pink Pace Rival Skirt. This week wasn’t it. LAME.
5 Faves & a Dud: 8/25/20 Edition
Favorite #1: Fast and Free Super High Rise Tight 25″ Elite ($138) in Black
I swear by the Fast & Frees for running, so I am certainly intrigued by this super high rise “elite” edition. Black is my pick, but cherry tint also made the upload.
Stock photos appear to include a piece of branded elastic that takes the rise from high to super. Also, the side pockets look to be bonded, instead of stitched into the design. Glue makes me wary, but I’m willing to give these a shot in the Fitting Room before making a true YAY or NAY call on these.
Favorite #2: Pace Rival Skirt (Tall) ($68) in Cerulean Blue
Easy to love, but easy to personally pass on… only because I’m sitting here in my Jet Stream Pace Rival as I type this.
Favorite #3: Break a Trail Jacket ($248) in Cerulean Blue
Not going to lament the price tag for the sole reason that it’s stopping me from buying a gorgeous jacket that I don’t need. At all.
Favorite #4: Define Backpack ($168) in Heathered Cassis
Favorite #5: Fast and Free Tight II 25″ ($138) in Game Day Red Black Multi
I’m anticipating some sort of disagreement on this one. I think the black and red combination is a pretty badass look. However, some people in the comments of lulu reddit have been likening it to looking like it’s that time of month. That’s not where my mind goes with these.
I am going to stick with the demonic badass counterpart to all that fluffy cotton candy diamond dye that’s been so prevalent in recent Align Pant releases. I am Team Game Day, no pun intended. Also, the blue ones look like pool water. (IMHO That’s a good thing.)
The Dud: In the Groove Flare Pant ($118) in Violet Verbena
I’ve already used the Robin Scherbatsky clip from How I Met Your Mother in recent weeks, so instead of embedding it again I’m just going to type it out: No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.
Really? 17 no’s.
The Other Dud: All Yours Tee Dress ($98) in Lemon Vibe
This is what you do when you’ve to too much lemon vibe fabric left over and don’t know what the f else to do with it.
I’ve Got Thoughts
- While I featured the red version of Game Day in the top 5, the blue incarnation is also pretty bright and fun. If the red tights aren’t your jam, additional options include:
- I had reservations about the In Power Mid Rise Short when just the black uploaded last week, but now that Dune has arrived and been styled with a button-down, I can see the appeal.
- Whatever SurroundStretch™ is, I’m curious. Is it like a baseball cap and a beanie had a baby? See: License to Train Women’s Hat
- Website says tennis, but the only place I can see the Your Serve High Rise Skirt Tight used practically is in an ice rink.
- I can’t explain the rest, honestly I can’t tell if I like them or I don’t, but my attention’s been captured.
Nothing for me tonight, because nothing is a highlight pink Pace Rival Tall. One track mind.
All stock images property of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.