Greetings, blogosphere… I apologize for falling behind on the sassy upload chronicles, WMTM Alerts and Fitting Room fun. Sadly, we had a death in the family last week. When things like that happen, work, blog and basically ANYTHING that isn’t family time takes a back seat.
RIP to my Brother-in-Law, Paul, an A+ human whose time came far too soon. Cancer sucks. Hug your family. Eat the candy. Buy the obnoxious neon shirt, wear your shiny new SeaWheeze gear loud and proud. Life’s short, so we all might as well have some fun while we’re here.
Side note: the Align Short 4″ is now my official ‘wear these under a flowy dress’ item. I shipped my hi-rise Boogie Shorts from Minnesota to New York thinking I wouldn’t need them between work trips A&B (random, I know). When I found myself in Boston Thursday morning, I picked them up in a pinch and they are f*cking AMAZING.
5 Faves & a Dud: 8/13/19’s Overdue Edition
Favorite #1: Lululemon Swiftly Speed Long Sleeve Flow ($78) in Sea Frost
Anecdote time! I never bother wasting time in the fitting room at the SeaWheeze Showcase store, so last year I totally bought this rando long sleeve shirt on a whim, the On Pace Long Sleeve. When I got home, I didn’t love the odd hemline. It was fine in the front, but shorter in the back. It didn’t make any flattering sense, so I threw it into my closet and chalked it up to an adrenaline fueled mistake.
It took me until JUNE of this year… to figure out that there was an elastic drawcord built into the back that ruches the hem up to show off your tights (🍑) and make the front fit properly. Tags since been popped and I have a fun ruched LS.
Better late than never on figuring out that this is a look that I am here for, I’m excited to see this design component incorporated into one of my favorite workhorse styles, a gorgeous light/medium blue Swiftly.
Favorite #2: Lululemon Align Jogger Crop ($88) in Incognito Camo Multi Gator Green
I KNOW. They uploaded on the 30th of July and I’m repeating myself with the feature from 2 weeks ago. Hear me out though. Before was just a “hey they seem cool” before I knew what all the damn fuss over Align Joggers was.
I tried them on at the Mall of America last week and fell head over heels for them. Everyone else did too. I post one single story slide on the ‘gram and y’all blew my DMs UP asking about the pants I had on. So, here they are again. Now that I KNOW I love them and not just *think* I love them, I’m doubling down on the 5FD feature.
Favorite #3: Athleta Speedlight Tank ($44) in Sonic Mint
This isn’t a new style, but I tried one on last week and fell for it. I didn’t buy it because suitcase space was limited, but the Speedlight Tank is a perfect fit for me. If you’re like me and only cruise photos seldom reading product descriptions, you’ll be pleased like I was to find that there are little silicone grips on the inside hem of the tank so that it won’t ride up.
Talk about excellent attention being paid to detail. Well done, Athleta. I’ll feature this one in a Fitting Room Post very soon.
Favorite #4: Lululemon Energy Bra ($52) in Jet Stream
Just going to go ahead and make a reeeeeally broad statement here: everyone needs one of these.
Favorite #5: Lululemon Dance Studio Crop ($88) in Deep Rouge
I don’t feel like the Dance Studio Crop often receives the attention it deserves, therefore – I am calling attention to this lightweight casual crop in a fall-ish color that is going to be perfect if it ever decides to cool down outside come September. Sweaty fingers crossed.
The Dud: Lululemon On the Fly Wide-Leg 7/8 Pant Woven ($118)
Style’s not new, but dark adobe plants them on the “What’s New” page this week. They ought to land on WMTM instead. Whose body type does this cut flatter?
Who’s Your Tweenage Heartthrob?
- I got excited for heartthrob and saw it in person at MOA. It’s like a boom juice with a slight hint of a coral/salmon undertone. Totally bleeds on camera. If you are looking to do the opposite of blending in with the crowd, the slate of options currently includes:
- For the Chill of It Jacket
- Define Jacket Nulux
- Hot Hot Short II Long
- Speed Up Short
- Energy Bra
- Angle Your Strength SS
- Speed Up Short Long 4″ Updated Fit
- Uplifting Scrunchie Bow
- Uplifting Scrunchie
- Baller Hat Run
- Hotty Hot Short II
- Free to Be Bra (Wild) < I totally caved and bought this
- Fast Paced Visor
- Fly Away Tamer Headband II
- In posting all of those heartthrob items, I see now that an incognito camo multi grey Baller Hat Run has snuck into the mix only who knows when. #addtocart
- The In Movement Tight showcases the latest green to make the rounds, Everglades, and I’m personally unsure if I am for or against it.
- Girl is rocking the Night Diver Align Crop. Love the color. If you do to… other options include:
- Between the Jogger Crops and the Shorts I’ve recently bought, I’m back on the Align Pant II train in a big way, and my crosshairs are zeroing in on Dark Adobe.
- If you look closely at the True Navy Swiftly Speed Long Sleeve, it looks like there are sheer stripes woven in. A fun look, but heads up if you’re ordering online and are expecting a more traditional knit.
At the tippity top of my list is that Swiftly Flow, but with the MOA splurge, the impulse shorts and the fact that my friend Krystle so amazingly picked up a couple things for me at the SeaWheeze Showcase store on Friday morning… so much for not spending any money at Lululemon in July, August has MORE than offset it! 💸💸💸
All stock images property of lululemon athletica & Athleta
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.