Ah, here we are. Just one day shy of 7/11, which annoys me – I feel like I could make some slushie jokes in my little monologue right here. Speaking of frozen beverages, have you seen that Starbucks is now doing a Tie Dye Frappuccino? COME ON, MAN.
Instead, here are a few photos of me and the excavator named Jake that I drove around yesterday. The place is called Dig This, and if you are ever in Vegas and looking for something to do with your money instead of lose it in a casino or blow it on bottle service… 10/10 would recommend.
5 Faves & a Dud: 7/10/19 Edition
Favorite #1: Speed Up Short *Long/Updated Fit ($58) in Hot Sunset
I believe I said last week if Hot Sunset happened in core pieces, I was a goner. Welp, here we are and here I am adding these glorious shorts into my shopping cart.
Favorite #2: Pack It Up Jacket ($138) in honeycomb
I’ve been on a bit of a bright yellow kick lately. It’s bright and happy and, well… isn’t that enough? Just got an insulated Hydroflask tote in crazy yellow as a pool bag, only to have it not fit in my suitcase. I am determined to use it, though.
Back to the topic at hand: I do have enough jackets, but not enough yellow. Need to see in person before pulling the trigger.
Favorite #3: Swiftly Speed Racerback ($58) in White/White/Black
Want to try one on and see what the big difference is. As much as I LOVE the long sleeved variety, Swiftly Tech Racerbacks are not a flattering look for me, so I only own 3. Has anyone tried this new Speed variety on yet?
Favorite #4: Align Crop 21″ ($88) in Cayenne
Would not recommend pairing this gorgeous shade with the honeycomb Pack It Up Again, unless ‘condiments’ is the vibe you’re trying to give off. On second thought, go for it. You want people to relish every moment spent in the presence of fashionable greatness.
Favorite #5: Minimal Tank ($58)
I tried a very similar sweater-ish version of this tank on at Madewell over the weekend, and it was legit. I like the open back trend, and think that this Minimal Tank is a nice modification to the All Tied Up for ladies who may like the look when it’s not all… tied… up.
The Dud: Morning Mist Cape ($168) in Smoky Blush
I don’t understand. Should I understand? Someone help me understand why this is a thing that is $168.
The Next Wave of Swim
The next drop of swim is here, and we have to be nearing the end of the ‘new’ swim season. We’re already into the second week of July, oof! A big reason I stocked up on new swim at Athleta this season is because lululemon was seriously lacking and fun and bright colors.
The effort to remedy that situation drops this week in Mini Twisted Tropics Hydrangea Multi and there are TONS of options to choose from if this pink/purple/blue pattern is your jam.
- Will the Wave Surf Short 2.5″
- By the Bay Skimpy One Piece
- Weave the Waves One Piece
- Deep Sea Swim Top
- Coastline Rash Guard
- Deep Sea High Waist Bottom
- Sun Soaker Cheeky Bottom Low Rise
- See the Sea Swim Top
- Will the Wave Long Sleeve One Piece
What Else, Eh?
Don’t know why I just became Canadian.
- The Another Mile Short Sleeve was a narrow miss on the top 5. I like heathered blue glow, but I don’t like the $68 price tag and the sheerness of the fabric. I have a clear mint tee like it from years ago that’s in the sell pile.
- Shibori is back. Zzzz. Wunder Under HR Tight *Fullux & the Energy Bra.
- The Calypso Pink Define Jacket is a little late to the party, given all its friends moved to WMTM last week.
- Basics I’m looking to justifty the $$$ on:
- We haven’t seen too many new CRBs lately. Did they finally get the hint that the II never should have happened? The tidal teal Cool Racerback II from this week would admittedly pair nicely with the Track That Short (another top 5 near miss)
- It may not impress many, but I’m feeling the bermuda teal Swiftly Speed Polo
- Hated Heathered Muslin last week, but suddenly you put it into a Street to Shore Hoodie variety and I can see myself in it. Facepalm.
- The lush Tracker Short V is cute and I feel like I should feature them so you will notice them. Bright but not obnoxiously so. Muted, but not annoyingly millennial blushingly so.
- HOORAY for a model who’s my size showing off the new moonwalk Pace Rival Skirt *Tall. Bonus points because her name is also Katherine. YOU GO GIRL! 🥳
I’ve certainly added a few items into my shopping cart, but right now I’m not going to check out. I need to make it out of Vegas in one piece first, and assess the damage I’ve already beat up the Amex for before getting lulu happy again 😇😂😝
Just going to have to live vicariously through you ladies. Whatcha got?
All stock images property of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.