Want to know how I’m feeling right now? FantASStic. Why the quasi-profane pun, you ask? Because after years of uncomfortably hunching over my keyboard in an old wooden kitchen chair, I finally hauled off and got a new chair for my home office. Living on one’s own for so long can often breed an ‘ehhh I’ll get to it someday’ attitude about home decor… and then it takes you almost 7 years to do something simple like procuring an office chair.
Meet my Gaiam Balance Ball Chair. It’s pretty dopey looking, it won’t make my office Pinterest-worthy any time soon, but I can’t tell you how much fun I’m having bouncing around on this thing while I type this post. Plus, it comes with a whole poster of stretches I can do… so that means its usefulness outweighs its ugliness. Right? Right?! Please, someone back me up on that logic.
Tuesday, why do you have to go around sneaking up on me again? Really! You were just here LAST WEEK. Time to troll the new stuff.
5 Faves & a Dud – Lululemon’s 9/12/17 Upload
Favorite #1: Run On Crop ($98) in black
I kid you not, today I was thinking today about how my favorite ‘around town’ crops are the ones with side pockets… for when you have separation anxiety with your phone and don’t want to commit to throwing it into the black hole called ‘your purse’.
The main part of the thought in my head was how I wanted something luxtreme (a bit more casual) like the Outrun Crops from last year, but without the mesh. Lo and behold, here we are. Run On Crop, you read my mind.
Favorite #2: Run On Bra ($58) in power luxtreme irregular denim twill black white
First off, let’s all pause to appreciate the last 4 letters on the shop link for this bra spell HONK. Bahahahahaaaa!
Anyhow, lovers of the All Sport Bra (RIP) and the Run: Stuff Your Bra should have a bit of fun with this one. Thick straps are super comfortable, and the stuff pockets in front seem to be a bit more covert than the RSYB. I may have to give this one a shot.
Favorite #3: Energy Bra ($52) in aero blue
Aero blue, you’re just so photogenic. I want this in my closet. I also want textured waves in my hair like the model’s. I want a lot of things in life. Like… a Ben & Jerry’s pint slice. Americone Dream?
Yeah, I’m definitely headed for the freezer after I’m finished with this post.
Favorite #4: Wrap it Up Sweater ($148) in black
The one thing that runs through my head when I see this? Perfect for the office that’s sometimes Hades, and sometimes an icebox. The product description is all excited about the fact that it’s machine washable. Yay?
I should say this one is a tentative favorite. I try to rock the slouchy cardigan look, but I don’t always feel like I can pull it off. Fitting room, you may be seeing me soon. For a rather steep price, I won’t be buying this one unless I seriously love it.
Favorite #5: Run On Tank ($58) in black
Whoever was in charge of the Run On capsule this week, brava! This piece rounds out a triplet of Run On favorites for this week. I’ve been gravitating to looser/luxtremey tanks in the last few months, and this is a nice alternate if you’ve already got 4 too many Sculpt Tanks. The perforations in the back are perfect for showing off a nice and bright Invigorate Bra. To me, the one in the photo looks a wee bit brighter than whirlpool, I wonder if we will see a new blue Invigorate soon?
The Dud: Press Pause Jogger ($98)
The drop crotch. You know what I’m going to say about the drop crotch. Why don’t I take a seat and leave this here. Spend your hard-earned money on something else. Shoot, don’t even spend a gift card on these.
Oh By the Way…
- You’ve probably noticed that lulu has started trying out the multi-pack strategy with some socks & underwear. I wish that was around when the Light As Air Hipster still existed. With the $42 3-pack of the Namastay Put Hipster, the cost per pair is reduced to $14/per instead of $18 a pop. That’s not a bad discount, but I’ve also recently discovered the Under Armour’s Pure Stretch Hipster, and I like them even better than I like the Namastay Puts. Oh, and the UA’s are currently on Amazon for $10 apiece. Just sayin’.
- Lulu’s newest fabric, Everlux, makes its debut in the In Movement 7/8 Tight. It’s meant to hold up to some serious sweat, so I am eager to try this new fabric on.
- Again with the Seawheeze imitations… the only reason I’m keeping the nouveau starlight black/black Invigorate Bra out of the top 5 is because there were a bunch of SW prints sold in a very similar aesthetic. Wah.
- Forget yoga, I want to wear the Adore Your Core Long Sleeve out to dinner! ❤
- After a few seasons, the Rest Less Pullover got a makeover. The only thing recognizable about it is the name. Gone are the cable-knit patterns and long length, hello heathering and a noticeably shortened torso.
This week, there are a few items I want to give ye ol’ fitting room try. Staying strong and away from the ‘add to cart’ button at the moment. Still eyeballing those aeon Fast & Free Crops from last week’s drop. I should probably shut up and order those, huh?
Is anyone else excited to see some cool weather gear upload, or is it just me?