It’s too bad the game Monopoly isn’t real, because it would be really fun to collect $200 every time I passed a proverbial “GO”. After work today, I drew the upload card and proceeded directly to lululemon, and did the opposite of collecting $200. I spent it. On what? Lazurite, duh.
5 Faves & a Dud: 1/22/19 Edition
From top, L-R:
- Ride & Reflect Muscle Tank ($58) in Luminosity Foil Print Heathered Black Black – because I’m distracted by shiny things.
- Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve Crew ($78) in Lazurite – because I’m distracted by beautiful purple anything.
- To The Beat Tight ($128) in Black – the seams remind me a bit like the flattering placement on the classic Inspire Crop IIs. If I see these anywhere in a store, I will be trying them on.
- Fast & Free Crop II ($118) in Dark Red – I’m hopeful that dark red is dark enough to pass the squat test with reasonably red or nude-colored skivvies underneath.
- Energy Bra ($52) in Misty Mint/Aqua Mint – Bra one color, straps another. Lulu, please do more of this.
For those who haven’t been able to take their lazurite goggles off yet, this week also includes the Speed Up Short, Swiftly Tech Racerback, Hotty Hot Short II 2.5in, and the Run Times Short II. Have. At. It. 😀
Admittedly, the closest I’ve ever been to SoulCycle is watching Amy Schumer’s I Feel Pretty on a flight home from San Jose a couple weeks ago. TBH I thought part of SoulCycle’s branding included skulls and crossbones, but they seem to be absent in this special edition capsule that lululemon seems to be pretty excited about.
The Lululemon x SoulCycle collection is a curious mix of hits and misses for me. Black and sliver are always a sleek win, but the adobe dust is falling short, especially the tights with the black specks and reflective detail. Normally people lose their sh*t when lululemon drops a reflective capsule, but I’m honestly not sure how this one is going to go.
Lunar New Year
While the main ‘special’ this week is the aforementioned SoulCycle, a handful of special edition pieces also dropped in celebration of the Lunar New Year. Black, red and gold abound, albeit subtle.
While some pieces feature a Chinese graphic, others simply feature a gold omega instead of a silver, which, IMHO is a bit *too* subtle. Others go for the block text LULULEMON, reminiscent of the reasonably well-received 20Y Anniversary capsule.
Before I even had a chance to peek at upload, I already had a DM nominating this hooded tablecloth for this week’s Dud. (Hi Sara!) While there are a few others in lululemon’s latest batch of new that don’t do a thing for me, this jacket simply does not make any sense. It’s a glorified rain poncho at best, and like I just said, shiny hooded tablecloth in reality.
So, the real question is: who wore it better?
All stock images courtesy of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.