Altitude does funny things to you. Can anyone tell me (because I’m too lazy to google it) if certain senses of taste are elevated up at 8000′? I’m sitting in my bed with a bag of lime Siete Tortilla Chips, which I usually annihilate, and they taste awfully saltier than limier than usual.
This bag? I just ate a chip so tangy that it might as well have been a grapefruit, in chip form.
5 Faves & a Dud: 1/15/19 Edition
From top, L-R:
- Sorel Tofino II Lux Boot ($220) in black – Click the link, zoom on these beauties. The deep teal trim takes these boots to a level so next that despite wearing black leather lace up Sorels all day, I am STILL wondering if I should snag a pair. Altitude, does it reduce common sense?
- Lululemon Wunder Under Crop (High-Rise) ($88) in Incognito Camo Multi Gator Green. Camo + luxtreme is a win. Always.
- Sweaty Betty Power 7/8 Leggings ($100) in black strobe placement print. Bonus points for the matching crop top that I also want to rock.
- Lululemon Time To Restore Short Sleeve ($58) in Short Serve Stripe Heathered Black White – it’s a little bit weird, but ultimately, it works.
- Sweaty Betty Infield Thermal Pullover ($195) in aubergine – part of me wants to practice fiscal responsibility, part of me wants to run down the street and buy one ASAP. I’m currently decked in Sweaty Betty from head to toe (b/c base layers) and think it may be seeping into my brain. All about them angles, amirite?
While white-based patterns don’t jazz me often, I actually kind of like the top part with the cooler colors. However, the warm brown hot-chocolatey twinge of the warmer colors does not complement the cooler shades well.
Bear with me here, I don’t know why I came up with what I’m about to say, but the two words that spring to mind when I see this pattern are…
What? I don’t know. I’m blaming the altitude. Oh wait, I googled the hipster beer I finished while writing this post, it’s 9.7% ABV. All I’ve had is some lime Sietes and Goldfish crackers to balance the lime out. Yeah, let’s blame that.
All stock images courtesy of: lululemon athletica / Sorel / Sweaty Betty
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.