Hi ho to anyone new who’s come around to my corner of the internet this week, after a few of you were awesome enough to shout me out on a Reddit thread looking for new lululemon blogs. THANK YOU a million times over for giving me a chance.
I threw it in my IG stories but I’ll ask the question here too: it was put out there that the men’s space in lulu land is lacking when it comes to blogging. Is there *any* interested in a monthly (at most) recap of anything decent on the men’s side? Be honest. It’s totally ok to say IDGAF. I don’t want to spend time writing it if you don’t give a flying you-know-what about it.
Can we talk about how this week’s upload is a strong showing, despite the fact that it isn’t even the first of the month? It’s a cirque. du. SOLEIL!!!
5 Faves & a Dud: 2/25/20 Edition
Favorite #1: SOLEIL. AGAIN.
Breaking it down into 3 co-faves for the number one spot, so it doesn’t start looking like an emoji keyboard up in here.
Favorite #2: Wunder Under High-Rise Tight 28″ Luxtreme ($98) in Hype Stripe Black White
Do I already own the parallel stripes? Yes. Do I want to own these too? Yes. Is it because the stripes do the thing? 100% YAAASSSSS. I know my best features.
Favorite #3: Sculpt Tank ($58) in Magenta Glow
The slit in the back. It’s different. It’s more like a Sculpt Tank I than a Sculpt Tank II, IMHO this should be labeled a Sculpt Tank III.
Sculpts are my favorite for disgustingly HOT and humid summer runs, despite that they may not be the most form-fitting and “cute” top in the bunch. I love them, and if this is the way the new versions are moving in, I’ll be stocking up.
Favorite #4: Rain Shaker Trench ($248) in Fatigue Green
Here I go getting all utilitarian again. Also, it has a chapstick pocket. A. CHAPSTICK. POCKET!!! I bow down to whoever came up with this idea.
Favorite #5: Energy Bra ($52) in Digital Oasis Alpine White Multi
The colors? They work for my kaleidoscopic wardrobe. 🙂
Favorite #6: All Night Festival Bag ($78) in Algae Green
Ah, the best part of writing your own blog is when you come up with 6 favorites, there’s no Editor around to tell you to check your math when counting to 5. This color. I’m not normally a green girl, but the the last two uploads, it’s captivated my attention.
The Dud: Cinch Me Up Front Tank ($48) in Springtime
If you want a shirt that your cat’s going to play with and make you a little bit uncomfortable when it pounces on your lady parts while you’re kicking it on the couch… GO FOR IT. Otherwise, nah fam.
Springtime cleaning didn’t get rid of the dust
Welp, I was a bit too premature last week in allowing myself to think that the dusty stuff was out the door. Between the super pastel Springtime and Lunar Rock…
- Play Off the Pleats Skirt – Springtime / $68 – Not the favorite colors I was hoping for.
- Zoned In Tight – Lunar Rock / $148 – Favorite compression tight, least favorite color profile. It’s a wash.
- Align Pant 28″ – Lunar Rock / $98 – Whhhyyy
- Align Jogger 28″ – Lunar Rock / $98
I spoke too soon. Oh well. What else have we got?
- For the Chill of It 1/2 Zip – Ivory Peach / $108 – So this is the color of those Speed Up Shorts that made a cameo last week…
- Find Your Unwind Pullover – Heathered Core Ultra Light Grey / $108 – I’ve been into the loose yet stiff turtlenecks this winter. Truth be told if I snag this one, it will be in black. Because of course.
- Sleek Performance 1/2 Zip Hoodie – Black / $118 – Also available in Algae Green and Magenta Glow, this equivalent to a Water Bound Hoodie with a front pouch now makes me regret not putting this in the top 5. But, I’m lazy and don’t feel like changing it. HERE’S SOME BOLD RED TEXT TO HIGHLIGHT THAT I LOVE THIS PIECE TOO. Moving on.
- Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve Crew – Magenta Glow / $78
- All Tied Up Tank – Springtime / $44 – It’s getting warmer out, because the All Tied Up is starting to make its way back into the mix
- Align Super High-Rise Tight – Dark Red / $98 – Did I miss these last week? The week before that? If I wore them, I’d be tough to miss.
- Cates Tee – Cut Back Stripe White Black / $48 – Surprised to see this pattern uploading, still. Don’t get me wrong, I like it – I’m still surprised to see it.
- Align Super High Rise Short 10″ – Black / $58 – I like my Align Shorts, but I’m struggling to hop onto the retro train with the longer-length bicycle short styles.
Wait what?! I just referred to styles that were made popular when I was a kid as “retro”.
Stick a fork in me, I’m done.
All stock images property of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.