So I heard the groundhog say spring was coming early, and all I can say is that furry little mofo works fast. The thermometer on my car hit 65 degrees today, and spring swimwear collections are starting to make their way into uploads.
You know how Cold Stone Creamery uses the terms Like It, Love It and Gotta Have It to describe their sizing? Well, there’s this black camo bikini from Athleta and I…
GOTTA HAVE IT!
5 Faves & a Dud: 2/5/19 Edition
Favorite #1: Athleta Freestyle Camo Swim. All of it. Black camo & lime green are one of my favorite sporty combos, and to say that I am HERE FOR IT is a total understatement.
Other options shown above include:
- Freestyle Camo High Neck Bikini Top ($69)
- Freestyle Camo Surge Short ($64)
- Freestyle Camo Full Bottom ($59)
- Freestyle Camo One Piece ($108)
If I could only choose two pieces, I’d definitely go with the Full Bottom, and likely the Freestyle Top. The triangle look is very flattering on a medium-sized chest, and I went with the black high neck option from Athleta’s collection last season.
Technically that’s 5 Faves already… but to stop here would be a total cop out. What else has piqued my interest this week?
- Lululemon Fast & Free Full Length Tight Non-Reflective ($128) in black or true navy – There have been a few times I’ve worn mine casually with mid-rise boots and wished the dots weren’t there. I call this a commendable modification to the design. Oooh, and they come in Tall too – which features a 31″ inseam.
- Lululemon Rest Less Pullover ($88) in chromatic cobalt – I may have been losing my mind of lazurite, but this one FOR SURE is blue.
- Lululemon Energy Bra ($52) in Trellis Bloom Energy Bra Ice Grey Black – Normally I’m not a big floral guy, but this one is subtle enough to work for me.
- Lululemon Like a Glove Jacket ($148) – I DO NOT, for the life of me, need more jackets. But hot damn, this makes me want another jacket.
Lululemon Squat Strong Short ($68) in plum shadow
I guess I’m past the point in life that if I want compressive clothes I’m not going to hide them with a bonus layer of fabric to make me sweat. Or as the youths would say: nah fam.
In other news, two days back into CrossFit after a month off of all physical activity that wasn’t snowboarding, and all I can do is channel my inner Leslie Knope.
The chances I’ll be able to run SeaWheeze this year are pretty slim thanks to a jam-packed work schedule late summer and early fall, so I’m starting to come to terms with the fact that I’m going to have to choose an earlier race in the year for a PR effort, and that training is going to start sooner than I probably think it will. So that will be fun (read: painful and exhausting and cold).