NETFLIX, Y U STEAL MY ATTENTION SPAN?! Family Guy and a Jeff Dunham special are creating a complete inability to focus on writing this blog post. Puppets won’t ever stop being hilarious to me. Shoot, now I’m onto watching a live set by STS9 on YouTube from Red Rocks a few weeks ago. I couldn’t focus right now if the future of peanut butter & jelly as we know it depended on it.
I’ve completely lost my marbles. Oh, the latest upload? Yeah, about that.
5 Faves & a Dud: Lululemon’s 9/26/17 Upload
Favorite #1: Define Jacket *Pleat It ($) in black
Hello, moto. It’s amazing how adding a bit of monochromatic paneling and texture can jazz up a design that isn’t exactly the newest kid on the block. Also, Defines have got the cuffs that fold over to keep your hands warm. Even though I can’t imagine chilly temps will ever come around this fall, I know they eventually will, and this feature will be welcomed with hunched shoulders and crossed, shivering arms.
Favorite #2: Fast & Free 7/8 Tight II ($128) in psychic
This should come to absolutely no surprise to any regular readers out there. My current favorite tights in an always favorite color, a deep royal blue. Knowing this would end up on my favorites list is pretty much like you’re… wait for it… psychic.
Favorite #3: Energy Bra *Pleat It ($58) in black
This one reminds me of the the Minimalist Bra (that I’m actually wearing right now, but in neon) that goes both cute and useful with the sweetheart illusion down in front, meanwhile not sacrificing any coverage or function. Going to be tough to talk myself out of this one, even though I have at least 3 Energy Bras in the black family already. But I wear those all the time, and some are starting to remind me that they’re 3+ years old.
I think I might be talking myself *into* purchasing this right now, instead of the opposite.
Favorite #4: Love Tee V ($48) in scarlet
If Goldilocks was looking for a cute outfit for Casual Friday, she’d land on this tee. Why? It’s not too dark, it’s not too neon, it’s just right with skinny jeans and navy blue Converse All-Stars.
If I saw Cady Heron wearing this tee with skinnies and navy blue Converse All-Stars, I would start wearing this tee with skinnies and navy blue Converse All-Stars.
Favorite #5: Shape Up Tank ($48) in black
It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s a wannabe CRB! So the fabric is a bit different and the two seams along the front aren’t a total win, but this is the closest thing I’ve seen to my discontinued favorite CrossFit & layering piece.
What ultimately did me in on the CRB2 was the shortened length, so I’m interested to see how this one fits me. I’m playing it casual right now, but who are we kidding. It’s a nulu tank and I would wear it around the house every single day and night if I owned this.
The Dud: Miles Ahead Short Sleeve *Camo ($68) in deep camo
If you’re going to do camo, do SAVASANA CAMO. None of this squiggly line stuff, I want to see the real deal back in action. 2014 called, and it wants to say that fatigue green savasana camo nulux needs to happen. Not this.
Without getting too wordy, you should probably head on over and check a few other things out on the upload if the following things are your thing. I should say thing again to make it an even number. Nah, I like odd things.
- The color scarlet: Run Times Short II & Speed Up Short
- Trying new fabrics (ie Everlux): the In Movement 7/8 Tight & the In Movement Crop
- Printed nulu: Align Pant II & Align Crop in lacescape dark cast black… the print I like, but when it’s black in on light fabric… don’t bend over. Ever.
- Saying “voilà!” when describing your outfit: Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve Crew & Scuba Hoodie IV. (Can’t lie, I tried this color on last week and didn’t love it as much as I wanted to. It washed me out.)
- Super cheap halloween costume ideas: the garnet Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve and a silver pair of pants. Call yourself a glass of wine. Better yet, forgo the costume and just pour yourself one.
- Olives: Wunder Under Crop Hi-Rise, Shape Up Tank, All Set Shopper Tote
- Huffing & puffing & wearing goose down: Down For It Jacket, Down For It Vest, Down & Around Jacket (these also fulfill olive requirements)
- Helping your son practice his Boy Scout knot-tying skills: Knot a Problem Tee & Knot a Problem Tank
- Sewing slits shut: Side Story Tee
I should be saving up to redo my fugly kitchen counters. But…