Another Tuesday come and gone. On Monday, I thought to myself that maaaaybe I should consider a 7-week moratorium on lulu spending leading up to the Seawheeze showcase store. Then despite its black & whiteness (shocker), there are two things in this week’s upload that truly tempted me for a few minutes. Just two.
As far as new color goes? None. Show me some razzle already! If more pieces get churned out in that color, I’ll quickly be telling them to shut up and take my money.
5 Faves & a Dud – 6/20/17 Upload
Favorites #1 & 2: Energy Bra ($52) and Wunder Under Pant (Hi-Rise) Nulux ($128) in alouette
Sometimes, a black & white print actually works. I hate to admit it in this case, but I’m liking the gradient splatter. If it were consistent throughout the pant, I may not be as jazzed on them. However, I really like the look of both of these pieces together!
With the brighter lighting and higher contrast in the newest batch of stock photos, the Energy Bra is especially presented well. This new vibe, I like it. MUCH BETTER than those weird ones shot against the brown background.
Favorite #3: Fast & Free Crop II ($118) in dark adobe
While lululemon’s price points aren’t exactly the lowest, some are worth the cash more than others. Since grabbing my first pair in April, my nulux Fast & Free Crops have been my #1 running capris for Seawheeze training.
Because they set you back a Benjamin (and then some), I’m still going to hold out in hopes that this deep purple wave we’re riding (ie boysenberry, etc) will show up in an F&FII soon. Dark adobe looks pretty slick, though.
Favorite #4: Wunder Under Hi-Rise 1/2 Tight ($88) in wee are from space black slate
Wee have returned from space! So it’s no cyber stripe space dye, but – it’s nice to see a stripe-oriented pattern instead of flowers, which gives the flattering look in back. While printed luxtreme is lame, woven luxtreme is generally a good time.
Favorite #5: Speed Short ($58) in jaded
Just gonna leave Steven Tyler right here. Oh, the shorts are a nice color too… FOR OCTOBER! 😛
The Dud: Ornate Bra ($68)
The cut’s not working for me. Looks a bit slouchy, and I am doubtful on how much support this bra could provide. Haven’t yet found a long-line bra that’s worked for me.
The ‘ornate’ pattern on the back makes me think of octopus tentacles. See? SEA? (#hardyhar)
This, That and What Else?
- While I’m feeling apathetic about ditsy daisy as a pattern… the name made me giggle and I appreciate the contrasting straps on the Energy Bra. It’s something lulu’s gotten away from recently, and I hope they start to do it more.
- If a sweatshirt moonlighted as a doily, you’d have the Space Crew *Eyelet. I like it.
- Last time I tried on a Define Jacket, it didn’t wow me. That was also 2 years ago. The new submarine one has got me wondering if perhaps it’s a piece worth revisiting?
- Whichever tank the model is wearing in the photo with the jaded Speed Shorts, I’m curious.
- Ladies who layer the Cool Racerback II like I do the original, boysenberry will also look great… in October.
The alouette nulux WUP looks similar enough to the arsenal ambient grey black Runday Crops from a few years back to back me off the Order button, but not much else got me excited. Anyone else have a few new favorites I may have overlooked?