There are some amazing things in life that are blue. Blue skies, blue eyes, blue Tostito bags. Maybe you can tell, maybe you can’t but I’m going all in on snack time right now as I type this post. Currently on vacation and it’s totally guac o’clock somewhere. Aka right in front of me.
With the ability to ignore the work phone all days comes the obsessive refreshing of lululemon’s What’s New page, and when the offerings finally updated I veritably lost my mind over the Wild Bluebell options this week.
5 Faves & a Dud: 3/3/20 Edition
Favorite #1: Define Jacket ($118) in Wild Bluebell
This color, it’s brighter than Pipe Dream. CT hasn’t been delivering lately, but I’ve found myself wishing for Winter to actually WINTER so I can wear my DFIA without sweating.
It took me until just this November to finally bite on the Define Jacket, and now… this color leaves me wanting just… one… more!
Favorite #2: Wunder Train Hi-Rise Crop 21″ ($88) in Digital Oasis White Multi
Not only when the stripes do the thing, but when all the colors in my kaleidoscopic wardrobe appear these are tough to resist.
I recently tried on the Wunder Train tight when I was down in Tampa, and I loved the fit and feel. Don’t need, but definitely want these to be part of the lineup.
Favorite #3: Always Effortless Jacket ($128) in Carbon Blue
Last week, the lululemon AUS/NZ instagram posted a teaser photo of this jacket paired with what looked to be a white/off-white pair of camo WUCs, and I went nuts.
View this post on Instagram
“It took me off guard, how natural it felt. Coming from another life as a dancer on cruise ships, I came from an industry that was about competition. As a trainer, I have fallen in love with group training, with watching people hit new personal bests. It’s about coming to a space with a community, and being happy about achieving your goals. Getting up at 4am has never been easier.” – @sonjakota, trainer at @bodyfit_hampton and @bodyfit_richmond⠀ [Sonja wears the Always Effortless Jacket in Carbon Blue + Wunder Under High-Rise Crop 21" in Incognito Camo. Link in bio]
Admittedly thought it was Night Diver, but Carbon Blue is gorgeous and works just as well. We haven’t seen the crops here in the US yet, but getting the jacket is half the battle.
I’ve got the Frontier version from last year, and if sizing remains the same as it did last year, it will be plenty roomy if you go TTS.
Favorite #4: Take it in Stride 1/2 Zip ($98) in Black
I’m admittedly in a bit of a half zip mood lately. Blame the whole “starting half marathon training when it’s February” thing, and the fact that I don’t love having a cold neck.
Favorite #5: Dynamic Days Jumpsuit ($158) in Black
Oh, I’m doing it. I’m going there. Onesies are usually a polarizing pieces. Structured with room they can be cute, things usually go sideways when it’s a catsuit situation.
Thankfully, there’s no superhero castoff action going on here. I’m a fan of a onesie done right, and I feel like on the proper day, I can do this one right. So I’ll wait until it hits WMTM with crossed fingers, because I feel like there are plenty of people out there who may not agree with this pick.
The Dud: Seek Softness Long Hoodie ($168) in Heathered Stargaze
Here it is, here it is. Just as I thought to myself recently that obvious Duds were becoming increasingly less common… lululemon done gone and released their version of a Snuggie.
Yeah, I said it. How is this practical? What’s the goal? Office Travel Commute? You mean to tell me you expect someone to walk into the business casual cubicle farm wearing this? Someone please do it and send me photos. I will be saving my $168 kthx.
You’re not off the hook: Seek Softness Jumpsuit ($128) & Always Effortless Trench ($228)
At first cruise through upload it was looking to be a three-way tie between I’m not sure what’s going on here. The snuggie won the dishonor of the week because it’s lack of practicality.
These two? I simply don’t like them. The jumpsuit, I don’t even know, and the trench is fantastic start to a streaker costume… if that’s what you want your Halloween to look like. Or your Wednesday night. You do you, sister.
I’m here to judge outfits, not your life choices.
Wild (Bluebell)in’ Out
I *love* this color, but with the DFIA I do need to exercise some sort of self control. Right? So maybe I get some socks.
Soleil’s been stealing the spotlight in the last two uploads but it’s time for this blue to be recognized for the royalty that it is.
- Secret Sock ($14)
- Rain Chaser Jacket ($198)
- City Adventurer Backpack Mini 10L ($98)
- Fast and Free Backpack ($128)
- Love Crew III ($48)
- Speed Up Short *Long 4″ ($58)
- Scuba Hoodie Light Cotton Fleece ($118)
Of course a new month always spawns a bunch of even more fun.
- Love Tank II ($38) – Classic Green
- Sculpt Tank ($58) – Last week I wanted a black version of this new cut. This week delivered. Huzzah!
- Still trying to figure out if bomber jackets work for me. The Serene Travels Bomber may be this year’s attempt to master the look.
- Align Pant 25″ Diamond Dye ($118) – for those who have saturated their wardrobe with incognito camo but can’t get enough of the black & gray vibe.
- Trail Trekker High-Rise Tight 25″ ($128) – I can only think that lulu is finally realizing that Athleta is KILLING IT in the hiking/city tight domain and this is another attempt to get in on a utilitarian tight. I am slightly apprehensive on cargo pocket Luxtreme, so I will have to try these in person before I have a real opinion on them.
- Hug Your Core Super High-Rise Tight ($118) – Upon hearing my audible WTF across the room, I invited him over and the bf just said “hey look it’s like they have Spanx built in!” Need I say more? I’m shouting these out for this facepalm photo and this alone. Lululemon x Titanic corset right here.
- LA Turtleneck Long Sleeve ($78) – So this is for the LA Marathon this weekend, right? Race or no race, one day I would like to channel Iliza Schlesinger in Elder Millennial and rock a long-sleeved crop top LIKE THAT.
- LA Tight Short Sleeve Tee ($68) – TBH this reminds me of a cheapo half sleeve black tee from Target I bought, ohhhhh 11 years ago. It’s finally showing its wear, and so, maybe I invest $68 in the next 11 years of my life.
- Train Free High-Rise Crop ($118) – Woooof. Granted I don’t bark at $118 at F&Fs, so maybe I should give these a go before I get all judgey. Look at those seams on the back of the legs… old school Inspire Crops I SEE YOU wanting to come out!
- Love Crew III ($48) – Soleil’s taken a definitive backseat to WB this week, but this tee will make an awesome layering piece.
- Free to Be Bra *Wild ($48) – Larkspur, good color, good time, get after it.
- Emerald Long Sleeve ($58) – Cut Back Stripe White Black… and all this does is remind me that I haven’t worn my Back At It LS enough since snagging it in August.
- Take It All In Sweater ($98) – Sunlight Yellow. Not Soleil. Kind of feel like this was snuck in with little to now fanfare but here I am calling it out. FANFARE! 🤩
- The Carnelian Quartz Stay Hot Keep Cold Bottle ($38) has me wondering how much we will be seeing of this color in clothing, or if a peachy water bottle is all we’re ever going to get 🤨
- Algae Green. Have at it with the All Yours Crew ($98) and the All Yours Hoodie ($108). I mean it.
You know what else is green? Margaritas. What am I finishing this blog post to go ahead and enjoy a happy hour with?
All stock images property of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.