Today’s introductory soliloquy is brought to you by the mediocre wannabe germs that I *think* I have right now.
Yes, I travel a lot. No, I don’t have coronavirus. Did the woman across from me on Thursday night make me feel like I was going to suffocate from the (non)essential oils she was rubbing on her BARE FEET mid flight? Yes, yes she did. FU, Seat 11D.
I just have the wimpiest wannabe sore throat with random bouts of fatigue and extreme thirst mixed in and I’m over it. I wish I were sick enough to be like YUP YOU HAZ LE FLU or 100% in the clear, but no.
In other news, I almost got hit by a car while I was out on my run this afternoon. I was in the sidewalk crossing a driveway, and this guy completely pulls a few feet in front of me and stops while waiting for another car that wasn’t even in his way. He had NOT A CLUE that I was there. Good thing I heard him coming from behind me and knew to slow up.
Situations like that make me glad that I stopped running with headphones at the beginning of last season. I’d rather be aware of my surroundings than splat on the hood of some idiot’s Mercedes Benz.
Drivers and runners alike… PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS GOING ON AROUND YOU. //rant
Now it’s time to pay attention to what’s new at lululemon.
5 Faves & a Dud: 3/10/20 Edition
Favorite #1: Sunshine Ahead Swim Tank ($78) in Black
This week came in hot with the first swim drop of the year, and the three colors of the year are Black, Soleil and an aquatic-looking Speckle Spray Dye Blue Multi, which TBH could rock it on Cape Cod.
Because it will match any bottom I stick it with, I’m locking in the black version of this top as this week’s favorite. The high neck means you’re not flashing anyone when getting active in the sun, and the long line isn’t so long that it channels frumpy 1998 tankini vibes.
Favorite #2: Dash All Day Bucket Bag ($128) in Wild Bluebell
This is a cute little bugger. It somehow feels like I should come up with a more eloquent way of describing this bag, but… no thanks.
It’s a fun size carry-all that will brighten up whatever sad Saturday outfit you feel like throwing together to do all those weekend errands that you’ve been avoiding for weeks. Like… panic buying toilet paper, ice cream and Clorox wipes. Have fun with that.
Favorite #3: Scuba Hoodie *Light Cotton Fleece ($118) in Dark Red
The devil is in the details, and he’s crushing it with the gunmetal gray zipper. 😈
Favorite #4: Wunder Train High-Rise Tight 25″ ($98) in Digital Oasis White Multi
Did I feature the 21″ inseam last week? Yup. Is that stopping me from featuring the 25″ inseam this week? Nope.
Ever since I gave the Wunder Train a try in Tampa, I haven’t been able to shake them from my brain. I know it’s run season and I’ve got 5 pairs of F&F crops to cover my arse (literally), but these have piqued my interest.
Favorite #5: Tracker Short V ($58) in Wild Bluebell
Yup I have a Wild Bluebell obsession and it’s something we all are just going to have to deal with for a little bit.
The Dud: Align Jogger 28″ ($98) in Lunar Rock
This color has no business being pants. Millennial pink, you gots to go.
Grab Your Swimmies
Here we go with this season’s get out get wet UPF & whatnot…
- Sunshine Ahead Swim Tank & Sunshine Ahead Mid Rise Med Bottom
- The Swell Seeker Paddle Suit is back for another go, online sales only
- Drifting Tides Top & Sun Soaker Cheeky Bottom *Low Rise
- Drifting Tides Triangle Top & Calm Tides High Waisted Full Bottom
- Sun Shelter Short Sleeve Rash Guard
- Sun Shelter Long Sleeve Rash Guard
- Run With the Waves Crop
- Calm Tides Run Short
Yeah I’m Still Typing
- So the Now and Always Crossbody Mini 3L ended up on WMTM a couple months ago and I pounced on it for $49. Now it’s back on What’s New for $98 again? So made too many? But not enough? Does not compute.
- A cropped rain jacket may seem a bit impractical to some, but when I zip off the bottom of my 2014 Rain or Shine Jacket and only wear the cropped part with skinny jeans and Hunter boots… I look gooooood. Give the Rain Chaser Jacket a chance.
- If you are either pregnant or really into twirling around like a pretty pretty princess, the Day to Light Tank is here for you.
- NGL I can’t really tell the difference between Cassis and Garnet. Say hi to the Align Pant II 25″.
- Can’t write a post without shouting out the rest of the Wild Bluebell. So hello to…
Not going to lie, it’s 7:32pm and my mind is starting to wander. Where to, you ask?
Chris Harrison and all the Pilot Pete drama that reduces my IQ by 1 point per minute. That’s right, this dumpster fire of a Bachelor season is *almost* over and you best bet that I’m here to witness the rest of this nonsense to go down. I went spoiler free this season and I’m ready to see how this all unfolds so I can have my Monday nights back to do something intelligible. Like read a book.
All stock images property of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.