I now interrupt the 30-second review spam to bring a bit of normalcy back around these parts. I’m hoping you all like them, because I enjoyed filming them. It’s like a fun game to see if I can get all the words out before the clock runs out. Speaking of clocks running out… I’m not ready to believe that Christmas is two weeks from TOMORROW.
Here I am thinking I’ve been getting ahead on shopping, only for a super late Thanksgiving and a mini vacation right after to totally skew my perception of time this holiday season. I mean, seeing that I was away on business for Thanksgiving, my family just did turkey this past Sunday.
Am I behind or what?!
Tonight’s post is going to cover both this week’s and last week’s offerings, because I’m still in catch up mode. Not only was I thrown off by the WMTM silences before and after Black Friday, we can blame my SSSS boarding pass, flight delayed, lost luggage adventure from last Tuesday for sucking up all my energy.
5 Faves & a Dud: 12/10/19 Edition
Favorite #1: Sit in Lotus Sweater ($98) in Heathered Dark Olive
I picked one of these up in Black Cherry last year, but TBH my Marie Kondo-ing got the best of me and returned it. I already own a million crew neck anything.
If it’s the same fit as last year, it’s slightly more relaxed than you’d think by looking at the models. If I go for the green this year, I’m definitely going to try a size down before making my final decision. [Read my 2018 review]
Favorite #2: Find Your Feeling Long Sleeve ($78) in Angel Wing
I didn’t know I needed this until I saw it. Going to have to try it on for length, but angel wing is an amazing winter white that I want to pair with dark indigo skinny jeans and tan suede boots, like, yesterday.
That middle photo? Simply gorgeous.
Favorite #3: Vinyasa Scarf *Cashmere ($148) in Heathered Silver Spoon
I have another 15,000 miles of flying to do (no that’s not a typo) before the calendar hits 2020. Someone call Delta my landlord because I’m moving in. Three words sum up my feelings here: I NEED ONE.
Favorite #4: Radiant Jacket II ($118) in Heathered Purple Quartz
For those of you who refuse to give in to my winter MO of ‘wear a bunch of black & gray because then it all matches all the time and packing suitcases is way easier’, there are few colorful options in lulu’s holiday offerings.
I won’t go as far as calling heathered purple quartz a “pop” of color, but it’s enough to brighten up a day without compromising the hygge chic thing everyone’s into right now.
Favorite #5: Wunder Under High-Rise Tight 28″ Luxtreme ($98) in Parallel Stripe White Black
They’re BAAACK! I recall sitting at my laptop last Christmas excitedly clacking away at the keyboard that Santa brought parallel stripes back. A Christmas wish come true.
Well, lululemon got smart and brought the stripes that do the thing out for not just gift card season, but gifting season this year. Booyakasha. Or however you spell it
The Dud: Elmo’s Weird Cousins
Wearing sherpa, I get it. Carrying sherpa around? Can someone please explain the appeal of the City Adventurer Backpack Mini? That and the On the Beat Belt Bag. Stick some googley eyes on them and they could pass for Elmo’s weirdo cousins you only see once a year at the holidays.
Dishonorable mention goes to a piece on the drab end of the color spectrum. Nobody needs a dark chrome Define Jacket.
In Other News…
Even though they didn’t land in my personal top 5, chances are you may appreciate:
- Energy Bra – Pink Taupe
- Swiftly Speed Racerback *Shine – Purple Quartz/White/Silver
- Ebb to Street Tight *Shine
- Free to Be Bra *Wild – Wee Are From Space Dark Carbon Ice Grey. This snuck in here who knows when but I just noticed it today and it’s a classic.
- Esker 1/2 Zip *lululemon lab – hello asymmetrical aesthetic
- Not so much a reco as much as a question for y’all if I’m losing my mind… I could swear up and down that the incognito camo multi gator green Wunder Under High Rise Tight 28″ *Full-On Luxtreme has shown up on the What’s New page every week for the last two months. HAVE I GONE INSANE?
- Align Crop 21″ – I like the texture on Diverge Emboss Black
- Swiftly Tech Racerback – Laguna, I like you without Kristen yelling “STEPHEENNN” all the time. Anyone else watch that show in college? Just me?
- Align Short 6″ – Mini Space Dye Herringbone Heathered Black White/Black, this knit is thick and awesome
- Align Pant 28″ – TBH I kind of regret not putting these in the top 5. But then I remind myself that I sold my wine berry WUPs because I never wore them. Whomp.
- Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve Crew – Florid Flash/White = for anyone lucky enough to live in a warm & sunny place
- Sit in Lotus Wrap *Cashmere – Whoever’s got this on their Christmas list, I hope Santa’s got deep pockets.
- Pinnacle Warmth Mittens – Make it warm make it Night Diver and I’ve got to make it mine. Easy formula for taking all my money.
- Carry Onwards Mat – I’ve already been eyeing this one, and now that there’s viola/black I’ve got no reason not to pull the trigger. Again. 14,000mi of travel coming up.
- Now and Always Crossbody *Mini – Not exactly a new release but it’s on my Christmas list to myself. The ‘need’ isn’t there, but I still want it. Love me a small purse to jam into my otherwise chock full backpack when I’m on the road. I tried a large wallet with a crossbody strap in the Bahamas and it was just a smidge too small.
From (Lavender) Dusk til Dawn
So I think I’ll travel on to Aaaaaaaaa vaaaaaaaaaaaa lonnnnnnnn!
Oh gosh, that just stirred up memories of my Mom’s Natalie Cole tape that we always listened to in the car on the way to Cape Cod. Oh gosh. Oh no, make it stop. The music, not this pretty color.
- Breeze By Long Sleeve *Squad
- Wunder Under Hi-Rise Tight 28″ Full-On Luxtreme
- Energy Bra *Long Line
- Wunder Under Hi-Rise Tight 25″ Full-On Luxtreme
- Free to Be Bra *Long Line
- Tracker Short V
- Free to Be Serene Bra
At first glance in the last few uploads, I haven’t been all that impressed into making any impulse purchases. However, the more time I spent looking through the selection this evening, the more my little shopping list began to grow.
*wallet hides in fear*
HO HO HO! 🎅🏼🤶🏼
All stock images property of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.