Happy October! My favorite month of the year. It’s got football, crunchy leaves, and cake. While I’m not one to run around in a tiara declaring “IT’S MY BIRTHDAY MONTH” with an expectation of special treatment for 30 days, I’m also not one of those people who hides in a corner and hope nobody notices.
I’m somewhere in between. So yeah, my birthday is coming up on Saturday and that means I’m allowed to buy myself some guilt-free lululemon this week, right? Also, donuts. You can bet that I will be treating myself to some sort of ridiculous donut this weekend.
5 Faves & a Dud: 10/1/19 Edition
Favorite #1: Align Pant II 25″ ($98) in Mini Space Dye Herringbone Heathered Black White/Black
These space dye Aligns are my undisputed champ for this week. Game set they will match a lot of things in my wardrobe. I say ‘will’, because I’ve already placed my order.
Favorite #2: Mapped Out High-Rise Tight 28″ ($128)
Lululemon’s SenseKnit engineering is one of their most underrated technologies. It was right about this time last year that the Zoned in Tight was released to a surprising lack of fanfare. I went about my business thinking they were overpriced without taking a hot minute to try them on until finding them a few weeks later at one of the NYC flagships.
SenseKnit reminds me of the old school super-compressive Under Armour Shatter Capris that I absolutely lived in from 2009-2011. UA doesn’t make them like they once did, and the SenseKnit Zoned In Tights by lululemon were the first true taste of compressive perfection I’d felt in nearly a decade. If these tights are anything like last year’s version, y’all are in for a treat.
They come in 3 colourways: basic black, or with gray or marvel detailing woven in. IMHO they look like superhero tights from the back, and I’m here for it. #GIRLPOWER 🦸🏼♀️
Favorite #3: Code EXTRA20 for 20% off Sweaty Betty’s Sale Right Now
I’ve been admittedly quite mum on Sweaty Betty favorites recently, but today I couldn’t help but check out the sale they’ve been emailing me about for the last few days. Right now, all sale items are an addition 20% off with the code EXTRA20, and SB, like lululemon, knocks it out of the park with free shipping (cough cough Athleta get with it).
See here the Kenza Power Crop Tank that I treated myself to this afternoon.
Original Price: $75.00 / Sale Price: $22.00 / I paid with discount (taxes included): $18.72. You read that right.
The EXTRA20 code is only good through Thursday night, so make sure you head on over to check out the Sweaty Betty Sale sooner rather than later. Perhaps you’ll make out like a bandit like I did. 🤠
Favorite #4: Pack It Down Jacket Long ($248) in Code Blue
If anyone out there wants to volunteer for the futile task of talking me out of buying more winter jackets I don’t need, LMK. My last two winters were prolific in this particular category, but Code Blue is just so arctic and majestic.
Favorite #5: Energy Bra ($52) in Royal Emerald
Someone call the postman, I’m mailing this one in. It’s not a jazzy choice, but this is a beautiful color that deserves some screen time.
The Dud: Wunder Under High-Rise Tight 28″ Full-On Luxtreme ($98) in Smoky Blush
I’m curious if anyone actually expects these to be squat and cellulite-proof. Gimme those dark textured patterns, thanks.
From the Soap Box
- Once upon a time in an upload 4 years ago (9/1/15) to be exact, I saw arm warmers for the first time and thought they were fucking stupid. Fast forward to 2019 and 7 half marathons later, I’m actually wondering if I should pick up this year’s version, the In a Flash Armwarmer, just in case it gets cold next Saturday.
- 10/2 UPDATE: Seeing that the comments section is definitely PRO arm warmer, thanks to Sara for pointing out that Athleta also has the Sprinter Arm Warmer in stock, but in SUPER FUN NEON GREEN. Like lululemon, they’re $38, so nobody’s saving any money by choosing one store over the other.
- Interesting to see the Ride and Reflect Bra return sans Soulcycle branding. I ended up getting two of them from the SS capsule, so I clearly am a fan of the design.
- Given that the winter jackets came on strong last week, I was surprised to see more of the same. Nevertheless, the marshmallows persisted:
- The Back In Action LS made an appearance in Rulu this week. Color options are black, white and frosted mulberry. Sounds like an ice cream flavor.
The other aesthetic thrown into the mix this week is the Broken Beats Capsule. I am usually a fan of the asymmetrical details, but I wish the pieces in this capsule were a bit more form-fitting.
IMHO they may have ended up a bit more flattering. I still am on the fence. One minute I like the edgy style, the next I find myself wondering if I’d get lost in it. The collection includes:
- Broken Beats Pullover – Borderline kimono sleeves
- Broken Beats Pullover – Fans of the groutfit, rejoice
- Broken Beats Tank – I like this one for its unique dye situation
- Broken Beats Sweater Dress – Fighting an internal battle on this one
It’s not QUITE sweater weather in southern New England, but if you’re up in Canada where it’s ALREADY SNOWING (yeeeks), the wraps and sweaters are starting to work their way into the rotation. I always love me a good lululemon sweater.
- Sincerely Sherpa Wrap – not *technically* a sweater but lulu sherpa stuff is cozy so let’s roll with it
- Sit in Lotus Sweater – do we really need all these words to describe Heathered Frosted Mulberry/Heathered Silver Lilac/Heathered Frosted Mulberry? Asking for a friend.
- Still Lotus Wrap *Reversible – speaking of lotus pose, I could use a good stretch.
Other Notable Newbies
So now I’m googling things to do with my yoga wheel. Yes, I own a yoga wheel. I cannot really explain why I own a yoga wheel. Damn you, Amazon. Before I run off and attempt anything wacky with said yoga wheel, here are a few more items that may pique your interest this week!
- Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve Crew in Dazed
- Define Jacket in Marvel
- Hour to Hour Bodysuit
- It’s a Tie Jumpsuit – I LIKE ROMPERS OKAY. As the youths would say, I stan this piece. It has potential.
You know what, you only turn 34 once. I’m treating myself this week like I’m back on my obsessive “gotta order every Tuesday” in 2015 BS. Order placed.
All stock images property of Athleta, Lululemon Athletica, and Sweaty Betty
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.