Well, it’s now the beginning Week 3 of 12 training for the RnR San Diego half, and I think my body is mad at me. If you are currently so tired that you actually have trouble falling asleep… hop on board the struggle bus, I’ve got a few open seats by me.
Both my 9-miler Sunday and yesterday’s 10x500m Row intervals at CrossFit felt strong, but I’ve been going downhill all day long. Ears pop when I swallow, super tired (not the yawny sleepy kind), random chills, and I can’t seem to get enough water.
You know what might make me feel better? Not fluids, not drugs, not rest. New clothes.
Oh, look… it’s Tuesday evening. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.
5 Faves & a Dud: 3/26/19 Edition
Fave #1: Athleta Vintage Floral Swim: VF Bra-Sized Bikini Top ($69), VF Mid Rise Bottom ($49) and VF Crop Rashguard ($72) in high teal
I failed when Athleta’s black camo swimwear came out. I wanted to try it on in store, and by the time I got my act together, it all sold out. Let’s call this a blessing in disguise, though, because my swim wardrobe could use a splash of color – and I am in absolute LOVE with this set. I don’t know why I’m typing when I should be ordering.
Fave #2: Lululemon Align Pant II ($98) in incognito camo multi grey
While my pants pile is tall, believe it or not I do not have a stockpile of Aligns. Since the camo comeback, I’ve fallen victim to the black/gray camo The Rain Is Calling Jacket II, and the Speed Up Crop. Do I finish the trifecta?
Probably. I’m feeling bad for myself this evening. (Fun Fact: they also dropped in crop length this evening)
Fave #3: Lululemon Pace Rival Skirt (Tall) ($68) in jet stream
I’m excited to see a bunch of blue in this week’s upload, namely, Jet Stream. I already had a black Pace Rival Skirt in my cart for when I’ll inevitably need it for work this summer, and then they had to go and upload a gorgeous blue one.
Now there are TWO Pace Rival Skirts in my shopping cart. I can write them off in my mind as business expenses, right? Right.
Fave #4: Lululemon Lab Flutter Long Sleeve ($118) in black
Why do I have to go on and decide that I really like the luxe fabric and angled hem 8 days after I was maybe 2 miles from the NYC lab?
Lab prices aren’t my favorite, but the pieces I’ve tried on before do feel pretty slick. It’s only a matter of time before I take advantage of the ability to order lab pieces online.
Fave #5: Athleta North Point Crop Rashguard ($79) in monarch orange + Trekkie Short 4″ ($59) in navy
I know, this is technically two pieces, but this is straight up OUTFIT GOALS. Over the weekend, I got an Athleta catalog in the mail, and for nostalgic page turning sake I perused through before tossing it in the recycle bin.
For the past few days, I’ve had the catalog open on my counter because I simply love this outfit’s styling that much. I wouldn’t have been creative enough to take a swim top and stick it with hiking shorts. Now that I’ve seen it, here I am girl crushing on a photo wondering if I would be able to pull off a swim top with hiking shorts.
Lululemon’s Smooth Departure Jacket ($178)
Y’all had to know this one was coming, right? I WILL ADMIT that I *do* like the idea of its packing neatly into a belt bag in case it gets too hot. Can we get that feature in about half as much jacket as the bed sheet we’ve got going on here?
Check the Jet (Stream) Set
If you’re an absolute sucker for a vibrant royal blue like I am, that sneak peek of jet stream in the branded Breeze By Long Sleeve from last week has delivered tons more options. Yusssssss!
Pictured, from L-R
- Define Jacket *Nulux ($128)
- Speed Up 7/8 Tight ($108)
- Fast & Free 7/8 Tight II Non-Reflective ($128)
- Tracker Short V ($58)
Not pictured, just as fabulous:
- Speed Up Short ($58)
- Train Times 7/8 Pant ($98)
- Fast & Free Full Length Tight Mid-Rise Non-Reflective ($128)
- Hotty Hot Short II (Long) ($58)
Yup, I Am Still Typing
- For the faithful Fast & Free Crop II lovers such as myself, we see true navy uploaded this week. Grab one black pair, grab a navy pair, now you can match every free race shirt ever earned in the history of free race shirts.
- If you’ve been one of the people highly annoyed by lululemon’s discontinuation of the Speed Track Shorts & What the Sport Shorts, short shorts with side pockets are back in the form of the Track & Train Short.
- The basic 3 colors are available; black, true navy and grey sage (aka green). Oh, and in case I haven’t used the word enough times… SHORTS!
- Right at the top of the page, the Iconic Sweat Bra & Iconic Sweat Tight seem to be riding the wave of the Aerial Silk drop last week, but with a little bit of block letter branding.
- Side note: by the time I decided I wanted the Aerial Silk Tank on Thursday, it had already SOLD OUT in my size. Sad.
- We’re still releasing puffy things? Oh okay, Extra Mile Vest, you too, Jacket.
- A solid black Swifty Tech Racerback is new today? Alright, I guess it be like that sometimes.
Oh gosh. I have shopping carts going on TWO websites right now. Wish my Amex luck, it may melt soon.
Anyone else feeling spendy lately?
All stock images property of lululemon athletica & athleta
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.