It is a completely normal Tuesday evening in the AthletiKaty household, and I couldn’t be more pumped about it.
My work travel calendar exploded immediately after that quick getaway to Disney (which isn’t exactly a relaxing trip) in the last few weeks, so it’s been tough to keep my head on straight without a chance to squeeze in things I normally take for granted while home… like sleep, laundry and working out.
Talk about going from hey it’s kind of nice out to “FU, it’s WINTER, sucker!” in a week. Saturday night, I busted out my winter coat and a knit hat to head to a concert. Earlier that day, I managed to get myself outside for a 6 mile run, even though it peaked at 36 degrees in the mid-afternoon. Go figure it turned out to be fantabulous running weather. Even earlier that day, I woke up in North Carolina. Saturday was a long one, but at least I have this cool swirly laser light photo to show for it from the Slowdive concert.
Sunday was my first day home in about 2 months that I didn’t have to work or travel *somewhere*. Not used to being in my own home on a weekend, what do you think I did? I went for a little shoppity shop.
Stopped by lulu among some other places, and saw some of the newer gear hanging on the racks. Not being *quite* as obsessive about new items recently as I have been in the past, I still managed to do some damage and try some things on. Now that I’m in front of upload and combing through it all, let’s check out the best of what’s around. (DMB, anyone? Anyone?)
5 Faves & a Dud: 11/14/17 Lululemon Edition
Favorite #1: Energy Bra ($52) in pink lemonade
Ooooh! A color! Grab it before it disappears! Fun fact: you’ll never know it by looking at them in separate photos, but grapefruit and pink lemonade can get very confusing on laundry day.
Favorite #2: Speed Up Short ($58) in clear mint
Squeeee! Another bright color! Quick, snap this one up too! I’m happy to see this 2015 redux to be 100% clear mint this go around. The last clear mint Speed Shorts featured a heathered slate waistband, which ultimately deterred me from buying them. Hooray for a full on ocular assault to brighten up the increasingly dark days of winter 🙂
Favorite #3: Fast & Free Crop II ($118) in mineralize multi
I want I want I want I want I want. I don’t know why I have such a crush on mineralize multi, but I do. Very much so. I was thinking to myself roughly 2 days ago, “as much as I love the Fast & Free Crop, they’re kind of pricey. I’m good with the 3 pairs I have.” Damn you, mineralize multi. I want to take those thoughts back.
Seriously. How can you not expect me to fall all over quasi-galactic vibe SPACE PANTS?
Favorite #4: Speed Up Short Hi-Rise *Reflective ($64) in mineralize multi/black
I will admit, at first I saw splatters and the word ‘reflective’ and thought SEAWHEEZE VINDICATION YES, but then in looking at the reflective details on the black design, it’s really just a little bit of shine here and there. So, until someone sees these in person and can confirm that they *are* shiny all over, I’m going to follow my hunch that the splatter doesn’t sparkle.
Favorite #5: Lead the Pack Tight ($118) in luminesce splatter white black
Again, maybe it’s the Seawheeze goggles that have me subconsciously brainwashed to love splatters, whether they’re black & white or involve color. (Sorry not sorry for the third splatter fave in a row.)
Either way, what caught my eye on these tights are wraparound seams on the legs. It’s a pretty snappy look, if you ask me. One of the better technical tight aesthetics I’ve seen out of lululemon lately.
I got a little excited and bought a few things from lulu this weekend. Watch me go to attempt to avenge the buyer’s remorse and evenly exchange for something instead, like more tights. Sorry, Tech Lux Jacket – I think your fate has just been sealed.
The Dud: Balance & Resist Onesie ($128) in black/white/light cast
Impractical long underwear. If it were darker, solid black? Perhaps? Maybe I can see it being a good idea. Light colored catsuits just aren’t good for that whole ‘toe of the camel’ situation.
Honorable Mention Fave: Speed Up Short Hi-Rise ($58) in submarine
I was absolutely going to make them my 4th favorite… until I saw the reflective splatter ones. Anyhow, submarine is a simply beautiful color in person, and I’m waiting for just the right piece to add to my shopping cart and add to my unnecessarily growing collection of activewear.
What Else, Yo?
- I popped into a store this weekend, and I saw a Shaped Jacket *Expression and thought “oooh cute!” … until I saw the big ol LULULEMON in block letters across the back. Looks like a nice fit though.
- Spotted a Light as Warmth Jacket, almost tried it on, don’t know why I didn’t. It’s sweatshirt fabric, so buyer beware that darker colors may fuzz.
- On a personal note, kudos to whoever made the decision to hire this model. I’m happy to see a few stock photos featuring someone who can better help me visualize what certain pieces will look like on me. Being on the higher end of the sizing chart, I appreciate this move to feature someone who isn’t always a tall 2.
- Took some major effort to not bring the black cherry Down For a Run Jacket II into the fitting room on Sunday. With my penchant for purple and jackets, I knew it would have been an expensive move.
- The Refresh Maxi Dress is so fetch. Why? Because stop trying to make fetch happen. It’s not going to happen.
- Whatever this Emerald Long Sleeve is, methinks I like it.
- In case you were worried about the silver omega giving away the fact that you were trying to pass them off as pants in the real world, the Align Pant *Blackout has moved it down to the leg and muted it to as black as it can get. Same deal with the Wunder Under Pant Hi-Rise *Blackout. Silly me for thinking the blackout was going to be a tighter weave to make sure they passed the squat test no questions asked.
Decisions, decisions. I’ve been trying to spend less money lately – but the last 2 weeks feature a handful of items that I’m seriously considering forking over my hard-earned money for.
Anyone else’s eye been caught any bright or shiny lululemon things lately, or is it just me?
Speaking of bright & shiny things… I might have gone to Athleta and bought a shiny thing this weekend – but we’ll save that for another post 😉