Today’s outfit for work: jeans, riding boots and a button-down. I was cold. Today’s date: June 5th. What the hell, Mother Nature. I tried to dress in fun colors like boom juice & jet stream blue for CrossFit this afternoon in an attempt to feel springy. It didn’t work. Home on the couch in pants, reaching for a blanket as I settle in to pick out what’s worth nothing from this week’s upload.
All I want is some warm weather to head out and SUP already… because new swimsuit.
5 Faves & a Dud – 6/6/17 Upload
Favorite #1: Swiftly Tech LS Crew ($78) in bleacher blue
I can’t believe that it took me a couple of years of wearing lulu before hopping on the Swiftly Tech LS train. Since then, the rainbow is swiftly (pun intended) expanding in my closet. Solid brights are my jam, and this one’s going to be tough to resist.
Favorite #2: Shaped Short ($68) in black
I’ve been seriously missing the &Go capsules that lulu used to release. These shorts’ tailored(ish) look and subtle striped texture capture my attention, to the point of crossing my fingers they show up in my local store so I can give them a shot. If I could wear my black North Face Bond Girl Shorts any and everywhere during the summer, I absolutely would. (I own a main pair plus a backup.) Alas, the silver North Face logo on one of the legs kind of kills the dressy vibe for dinner or brunch. These could be a new favorite.
Favorite #3: Vinyasa Scarf ($48) in wee stripe black grape heathered black grape/black grape
This is the wrong season for lulu to start pushing the Vinyasas hard again, but I can’t help but be drawn to this one. Single-sided rulu Vinyasa Scarves are floppy, but when you have double-sided ones with a pattern on one side and a layer of solid fabric on the other, THESE are the scarves that you want in your closet. Same deal with the hyper stripe heathered battleship heathered black/heathered black. Make like Tonto and jump on it.
I may snap this one up and save it for winter time. Or this weekend, because as I mentioned before, June is acting like October.
Favorite #4: Wunder Under Crop (Hi-Rise) ($88) in jaded
I’ve now been sitting on the couch trying to write this post for 2 hours. Upload is REALLY not jazzing me this evening. As plain a design as it gets, but jaded will look great with a subtle summer tan. Crap, now I have that Aerosmith song in my head.
Now you do too. Mwahahahahah!
Favorite #5: Speed Short ($58) in toothpaste
Am I going to buy these? Nope. I’m too pale and dirt-prone for toothpaste. Still a fan, though.
The Dud: Mesh on Mesh Short ($58) in white
If you want a floppy pair of shorts that doesn’t give you much shape, save yourself $50 and find your way to a discount store like TJ’s or Marshall’s.
- All I want right now is a Ben & Jerry’s Pint Slice. What don’t I have in the freezer right now? Ben & Jerry’s Pint Slices. Think Klondike bars from the early 90’s with the THICK chocolate coating, but with better ice cream. Worth the calories.
- I like the idea of the Scuba Hoodie III *Storage. Lots of pockets could make air travel a bit less of a hassle when you need things like IDs, earbuds and boarding passes all the time.
- I want to like the Mesh On Mesh Popover, but with how the bottom pouch area breaks the look in half, it looks a little like the wrong half of the shirt is see-through.
- Breeze by white light cast/light cast (seen in the Train Times Pant, among other styles). Another monochromatic pattern. Anyone surprised? At least it’s more white than black.
- Keep seeing new colors in the Fast & Free Bra, but WHERE ARE THE CROPS? Katy wants herself a new pair of crops.
The bleacher blue Swiftlies seem to be the only bright spot of the week. So much for the first upload of the month being full of jazz. What are everyone else’s thoughts?