Had a bit of trouble remembering what day and time it is today. Traveled Sunday, it felt like Saturday. Yesterday at work felt like Monday, so I actually loaded up the lulu app to see what’s new, and it took me a good 5 minutes to realize that I was still looking at last week’s stuff. For any of those who follow along on my Insta story (@luluandthebox) you’ll notice I’ve popped up in some random places lately. Like Iowa. Minneapolis. Airports R US.
It always happens this way. I start to get good (by my standards) at CrossFit again, and I alternate between injury or sudden uptick in business travel, which knocks me off my fitness game.
Speaking of being knocked off, I almost just fell out of the office chair in this hotel room in an attempt to sit on my own foot. I’m winning all the points this week.
Now that lululemon has ACTUALLY updated the What’s New section to reflect this week’s new goodies, it’s time to screw my head on and help add 5 more items to the list of things I shouldn’t buy for myself because I still have 75% of my Christmas shopping to do for others. HO HO HO, people.
5 Faves & a Dud – 12/6/16 Upload
Favorite #1: Swiftly Tech LS Crew ($78) in white black
Love. Love love love love love. Did I mention that I love this? I need more black & gray in my winter wardrobe like I need a hole in the head, but look how that worked out for Swiss Cheese. Then again, look how that’s working out for the Green Bay Packers this season.
Favorite #2: Energy Bra ($52) in midnight tulle multi
Shut up and take my money. Also, check out this new feature that I just noticed on the website – if you see a white plus sign over a stock photo, click to find out how tall the models are and what size they are wearing in the photo.
Favorite #3: Scuba Hoodie IV ($118) in cerulean blue
THIS BLUE THOUGH. ❤ Shut up again and take more of my money. Someone may need to pop by my place and stage a royal blue intervention. It’s my color, all the way.
Favorite #4: Fluff the Cold Parka ($398) in black
No, I didn’t fat finger the keyboard, the price really is that high. That’s not going to stop me from admiring this jacket from afar. Drooling over things is free.
Favorite #5: Wunder Under Crop Hi-Rise Fullux ($88) in midnight tulle multi
Sometimes you’re willing to let the fullux thing slide because the pattern is just so amazing. This is one of those times.
The Dud: *crickets*
I don’t love 100% of this week’s upload, but nothing is screaming at me in its unquestionable ugliness. Therefore, Monopoly! Stick your this in your back pocket for later, lulu.
Shut Up and Take My Money
- I’m loving on midnight tulle multi. It’s a cross between pool water and the elusive unicorn tears of lulu years past. Options galore:
- For those of you who love the pattern but aren’t down with the bright blue, there’s a shorts trifecta in a black version (mini midnight tulle multi black/black):
- The Hit it Crop in cerulean blue only missed out on the top 5 because it was a solid, I gave the edge to the WUCs
- Other solid cerulean beauties include
- The Wunder Under Pant Hi-Rise Fullux in ice breaker white black/iced wave white black reminds me of the awesome two-toned stirrup WUPs that dropped last year. I’m a real fan of how the pattern changes halfway. It’s a fun and unique change in a world of increasingly single-patterned pantalones.
- As you most likely already know, I’m a big fan of the Baller Hat. I need to get me a black one. The one with reflective dots is fun and all, but sometimes a girl’s just gotta have some basic black.
- All 3 flavors of the Swiftly come in the fun gradient, the Long Sleeve, the Short Sleeve and the Racerback
- I know they came out last week, but the Featherlight Tight keeps capturing my attention. Can’t help it!
- Too bad the price point on the City Trek Trouser isn’t a little lower. Then again, they’re on par with designer jeans. They’re pretty underrated, great for work and water resistant. No joke. Got rained on in my one pair, and the water just beaded up and I brushed it off. Buy a pair of these in inkwell now, continue wearing them for a long time.
- Don’t want the other parka to completely steal the sticker shock show, the No Shivers Bomber Jacket is also going to set you back $368.
I need to step away from the laptop before I make any expensive decisions. How about everyone else… am I the only one who’s having to exercise a good amount of self control this week?