It’s the first upload of the month, and like the rest of you I cautiously opened my browser with high hopes. While there were SEVERAL drab and muted tones for the upcoming f-word (Fall 🍂), count on me to find the bright and crazy colors and drop some coin on them.
Yes, that’s right, I just placed my first online order in a LONG time and I did not hold back. Cha ching.
5 Faves & a Dud: 8/3/21 Edition
Favorite #1: All Yours Tank Top ($44) in Maldives Green
Excited to see how this holds up in comparison to Bali Breeze. I don’t wear my CRBs very often anymore, but I pulled out BB on Friday evening… maybe I’m psychic but most definitely not.
Favorite #2: Fast and Free Short 8″ ($68) in Hyper Flow Pink Multi
While they’re not CROPS, I’ve been waiting on a style I can get down with after this pattern dropped in the Hotty Hots last week. I have 6″ and 10″ F&F shorts, but I still have yet to give the 8″ a go. Welp, when the mailman arrives, I will give them a go… and then blather to the internet about it.
Favorite #3: High Neck Running and Training Top ($44) in Pow Pink Light
I couldn’t make up my mind. I *know* I don’t need black, but I really love the simple cut. My two looks are either “kaleidoscope” or “ninja”, so I ordered one of each.
Yellow Serpentine had me interested for a minute, but sometimes green or blue undertones in yellow shades don’t always come across online.
Favorite #4: Wunder Train High Rise Tight 25″ ($98) in Larkspur
While my order included a few more items, these didn’t make the cut. Not because I don’t love the color or WTs, but given that I’m starting a new half marathon training plan this week, I just don’t see myself in the CrossFit gym wearing WTs any time soon.
Favorite #5: Lightweight Hooded Jacket ($128) in Black
This is where my old age show through, I’m featuring this out of pure practicality. One of my most worn lululemon items is a plain black jacket much like this one that I picked up on a whim, because it’s lightweight and goes with f*cking everything.
The Dud: Cotton-Blend Twill Trouser 7/8 Length ($138) in Copper Brown
I want to find these and try these on, only to see what I’d look like in a magazine feature or gossip blog’s “what not to wear” section. The details on the front, I can’t envision them doing me any favors.
What Else Did I Order?
- Wunder Train Long Line Bra – Sonic Pink – Missed out on the Sculpt Tanks and I wanted a piece of the action
- Speed Up Mid-Rise Short 4″ – Red Merlot – thinking they will look great in the fall with a black Swiftly
New and Notable
- City Sleek 5 Pocket Wide-Leg High Rise 7/8 Length Pant in Dusky Lavender – She rocks the look. I don’t know if I can.
- All the Right Places High-Rise Crop 23″ – 6 years since their release and I’ve still yet to dabble. Should I?
- Cates Tee in Sonic Pink – I’m into it, but not sure if I can pull off a SS crop.
- Rain Rebel Jacket in Capture Blue – gorgeous. Narrow miss for the top 5.
- Cross Chill Jacket RepelShell™ – Blue Linen
- Groove Pant Flare Super High-Rise Nulu in Red Merlot – Black is sold out in all sizes except 18 and 20. Do I seriously need to dig out my old flared yoga pants from college to be cool again?
- Swiftly Breathe Short Sleeve Shirt in Golden Apricot – another narrow miss for the shopping cart
- Align™ High-Rise Ruched Waist Pant 25″ – my mental jury is still out on this one. Take note that there is also ruching around the legs.
All stock images property of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.