It’s the first upload of the month, and like the rest of you I cautiously opened my browser with high hopes. While there were SEVERAL drab and muted tones for the upcoming f-word (Fall 🍂), count on me to find the bright and crazy colors and drop some coin on them.
Yes, that’s right, I just placed my first online order in a LONG time and I did not hold back. Cha ching.
5 Faves & a Dud: 8/3/21 Edition
Favorite #1: All Yours Tank Top ($44) in Maldives Green
Excited to see how this holds up in comparison to Bali Breeze. I don’t wear my CRBs very often anymore, but I pulled out BB on Friday evening… maybe I’m psychic but most definitely not.
Favorite #2: Fast and Free Short 8″ ($68) in Hyper Flow Pink Multi
While they’re not CROPS, I’ve been waiting on a style I can get down with after this pattern dropped in the Hotty Hots last week. I have 6″ and 10″ F&F shorts, but I still have yet to give the 8″ a go. Welp, when the mailman arrives, I will give them a go… and then blather to the internet about it.
Favorite #3: High Neck Running and Training Top ($44) in Pow Pink Light
I couldn’t make up my mind. I *know* I don’t need black, but I really love the simple cut. My two looks are either “kaleidoscope” or “ninja”, so I ordered one of each.
Yellow Serpentine had me interested for a minute, but sometimes green or blue undertones in yellow shades don’t always come across online.
Favorite #4: Wunder Train High Rise Tight 25″ ($98) in Larkspur
While my order included a few more items, these didn’t make the cut. Not because I don’t love the color or WTs, but given that I’m starting a new half marathon training plan this week, I just don’t see myself in the CrossFit gym wearing WTs any time soon.
Favorite #5: Lightweight Hooded Jacket ($128) in Black
This is where my old age show through, I’m featuring this out of pure practicality. One of my most worn lululemon items is a plain black jacket much like this one that I picked up on a whim, because it’s lightweight and goes with f*cking everything.
The Dud: Cotton-Blend Twill Trouser 7/8 Length ($138) in Copper Brown
I want to find these and try these on, only to see what I’d look like in a magazine feature or gossip blog’s “what not to wear” section. The details on the front, I can’t envision them doing me any favors.
What Else Did I Order?
- Wunder Train Long Line Bra – Sonic Pink – Missed out on the Sculpt Tanks and I wanted a piece of the action
- Speed Up Mid-Rise Short 4″ – Red Merlot – thinking they will look great in the fall with a black Swiftly
New and Notable
- City Sleek 5 Pocket Wide-Leg High Rise 7/8 Length Pant in Dusky Lavender – She rocks the look. I don’t know if I can.
- All the Right Places High-Rise Crop 23″ – 6 years since their release and I’ve still yet to dabble. Should I?
- Cates Tee in Sonic Pink – I’m into it, but not sure if I can pull off a SS crop.
- Rain Rebel Jacket in Capture Blue – gorgeous. Narrow miss for the top 5.
- Cross Chill Jacket RepelShell™ – Blue Linen
- Groove Pant Flare Super High-Rise Nulu in Red Merlot – Black is sold out in all sizes except 18 and 20. Do I seriously need to dig out my old flared yoga pants from college to be cool again?
- Swiftly Breathe Short Sleeve Shirt in Golden Apricot – another narrow miss for the shopping cart
- Align™ High-Rise Ruched Waist Pant 25″ – my mental jury is still out on this one. Take note that there is also ruching around the legs.
Finally, the two main colors that ran the table this week are polar opposites: Maldives Green & Copper Brown. And now, a sampling of photos.
All stock images property of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.