5 Faves & a Dud: 11/3/20 Edition
Favorite #1: Sorel Kinetic Sport Bootie ($155) in Black
Given there are people and retail establishments that bust into the Christmas decor the DAY after Halloween… If you can unabashedly rush along the holiday spirit while the trees still have leaves, I can totally rush the snow along by featuring the latest pair of Sorels that I’m losing my mind over.
I slept on the Kinetic line for so long, but not only do they look funky enough to defy traditional trends from year to year (aka you get your money’s worth), the Kinetics have what ALL of us need in slippery ice season: TRACTION. Shut up and take my money.
Favorite #2: Pace Rival Skirt (Regular) / (Tall) ($68) in Deep Fuschia
Favorite #3: Wunder Lounge Super High-Rise Tight 28″ ($98) in Dark Olive
Micro Modal Fleece Wunder Unders, or as I would like to call them… the pajamas I didn’t know I needed until right f*cking now.
Favorite #4: Speed Up Short Long *Updated Fit ($58) in Floral Shift Blue Multi/Black
Florals aren’t generally my aesthetic, but black/blue/purple/teal most certainly is. Sign me up for a pair of these.
If this cut isn’t your jam, this colorway is also available in two other popular styles:
Favorite #5: All Yours Crew *Fleece ($98) in Heritage 365 Camo Green Twill Multi
What’s that? Oh, just egg on my face. For the longest time I was like “WHO’S GONNA SPEND $100 ON A PLAIN SWEATSHIRT FROM LULU WHEN ALL IT IS IS A PLAIN SWEATSHIRT.”
Me. I already got the Lemon Vibe Ready to Roll and the Wild Bluebell City Sweat earlier in the year. Now I’m eyeballing this one next. Someone pass the clown makeup because the joke’s on me. 🤡
Favorite #6: Down For it All Jacket ($198) in Submarine
Alternative Fact: this is actually the 5th lululemon fave of the night, so the math checks out
I *love* me a good DFIA, which is why I hauled off and bought TWO of them last season. Night Diver captured my heart with the Lululemon 10K discount in San Diego, and in February y’all know I couldn’t help myself when Wild Bluebell anything uploaded.
These two DFIAs are some of my favorite purchases from last year, and they’re definitely helping me not dread and whine about the rapidly dropping temperatures in the northeast.
If you love the color, this jacket is worth the money. It’s far warmer than one would expect it to be. Plus, lululemon always crushes the game when it comes to hooded anything. My North Face & Patagonia pieces seem to think I have far smaller of a melon than I really do. Lulu always delivers.
The Dud: All Days Shirt ($118) in Trench
Really. Really? Noooooo. If you want this grandpa on safari look, thrift it for $0.50.
Continuing to Ignore Election Coverage…
Watermelon red. I’m here for it. All of it. Currently available in accessories only, but if this pops up in a Swiftly LS, someone save an 8 for me.
- Sherpa Weave Earwarmer / $58 – Will have to ask everyone to temporarily refrain from purchasing this so that it goes on WMTM and I can get it for less than $58
- Sherpa Weave Pom Beanie / $68 – Oh and also available in Submarine. I want that one too.
- From the Top Beanie / $48
- Sherpa Weave Mitten / $62 – Hi I have Reynaud’s and like things that are flappy & warm
- Texture Play Scarf / $98
Oh wait but of course there’s more…
- Free To Be Serene Bra Long Line – Heritage 365 Camo Deep Coal Multi
- Hotty Hot Cropped Tank – Highlight Orange
- Cool Racerback II Nulu – Heritage 365 Camo Deep Coal Multi
- Align Pant II 25″ – Filigree Emboss Bermuda Teal… and now I’ve got to go Google “filigree”
- Wunder Train High-Rise Tight – Submarine – TBH should have put these in the top 5
- Define Jacket – Heritage Camo Dark Olive Green Twill, not exactly an incognito but… whatevs
- Chase the Chill Super High-Rise Tight 28″ – Deep Fuschia
- Energy Bra – Hype Stripe Black White
- Scuba Hoodie Light Cotton Fleece – Heathered Desert Teal
- Hotty Hot Short High-Rise Long – Highlight Orange
- Track and Train Short 8″ – Black
- Everywhere Belt Bag – Highlight Purple… this color totally snuck up on me, but it’s making the ROUNDS on the illogical accessory circuit.
Wait huh the what?
Illogical Accessories (aka Tweenage Gift Ideas)
Yeah yeah yeah, I fully admit I bit hook like & sinker for a City Adventurer Backpack *Nano back in August to throw some masks and hand sanitizer in. Lululemon just posted a series on their Instagram in the last week or so showcasing how everyone was attaching these things to their dogs.
Clearly, there *is* a bit of a market for a few neon novelty items, but as I was scrolling through upload this week, I couldn’t believe how many wearable tchotchkes kept appearing in my scroll.
- Hold On Lanyard
- Easy Access Crossbody
- City Adventurer Backpack *Nano
- The Rest is Written Crossbody
- Play Forward Crossbody Pouch
- Ever Ready Crossbody Wallet
Who’s Headed for Everest?
Don’t think I was going to hit the publish button without calling out lululemon’s Canada Goose knockoff, the Polar Shield Parka. CG has sold their Expedition Parka for a while, as one of its heaviest hitters. TBH, don’t buy it unless you’re going on a month(s)-long adventure/research trip to Antarctica. I just don’t get why lululemon would choose to invest time and resources into producing this piece. Their most expensive outerwear always appears at a significant markdown come spring.
If you’re going to pony up THAT MUCH for a jacket, throw down for the real thing. If lulu’s version is at all as warm as CG’s, 99% of us won’t really have a practical use case for it.
One more thing and I’m shutting up for the night… GTFOH WITH THAT SPICED BRONZE NONSENSE
All stock images property of lululemon athletica, Canada Goose & Sorel
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.