Sometimes lulu does fun things like upload early when they’ve got a big deal to make about a new capsule. Like the Selfcare line, upload is already here before lunch time, huzzah! This week’s excitement? A collaboration with Barry’s Bootcamp. Let’s take a look at the collection first before heading down to the usual 5 Faves & a Dud rundown.
Keeping with the red aesthetic Barry’s is known for, we’re not going to find any cool hues in this collection. Black, red, and vintage mauve make up most of the pieces; heathered black and midnight maroon make an appearance too.
Tops & Bras
- Stronger as One Long Line Bra ($68) – Long line, high neck, open back, embossed pattern
- Stronger as One Muscle Tank ($58) – top right, loose crop, the fabric looks almost waffly to me? Seems very breathable.
- Stronger as One Sleeveless Hoodie ($88) – this may be one of my favorites from the collection
- Stronger as One Cropped Hoodie ($118) – doesn’t seem very cropped to me, BUT, details. I really like the cute gathering detail in the back.
- Reveal Bra Precision ($58) – curiously only available in vintage mauve, not black, even thought the tights are
- Stronger as One Ribbed Tank ($58) – described as quick-drying, but still has a cottony look.
- For the Chill of It Jacket ($128) – Looks like it fits like a Define Jacket, but sassy
Shorts & Tights
- Stronger as One Tight 28″ ($128) – No mesh paneling, fabric has an embossed pattern, think 2015 manifesto
- Stronger as One High-Rise Short *8″ ($68) – Side pockets!
- Stronger as One Tight 25″ ($118) – Same name, different design. Features mesh paneling, contrasting color on the back in midnight maroon
- Reveal Tight Precision ($128) – Shown bottom right in vintage mauve, also available in black.
If I were to give any pieces from this capsule a go, my favorites are the Sleeveless Hoodie, Cropped Hoodie and the 28″ embossed Tight. I saw a note on Instagram earlier today from a blogger that was invited to a Barry’s event in London for the launch this morning, and was wearing the all-red embossed outfit. She noted that there while not noticeable in the red room, some sweat marks did show on the red afterward. Enough about red rooms, and orange theories, it’s time to get to the other new, yet slightly less-heralded pieces that were uploaded this week.
5 Faves & a Dud: The Rest of This Week’s Upload
My usual process when upload happens is that I scroll through, and earmark anything I like in my Favorites list before paring it down to the week’s top picks. Now that I’ve got that part down, my list is looking like a half & half between bright and blah. Amber Aura’s capturing my attention, but so is a plain old khaki jacket. Balance is good, right?
Favorite #1: Energy Bra *Long Line ($58) in Amber Aura/Halo
It’s bright, it’s happy, and I can honestly say I don’t already have a similar yellow or orange sports bra in my arsenal like it. Justification at its finest.
Favorite #2: Angle Your Strength SS ($68) in heartthrob
Keeping on the bright theme, heartthrob snuck in this week in only one piece. I’m hopeful we see more of this boom juice / pink lemonade looking hybrid. Also, the asym detail makes it fun.
Favorite #3: All Night Festival Bag 5L ($78) in Rustic Coral
Time to make the transition from bright to basic, with this calmed down rustic coral bag. I like this one for fall, which is totally going to show up faster than I think it will.
If only this were styled with a dark blue or denim color, I think this color would pop a bit more.
Favorite #4: Rain Rebel Jacket ($228) in sandlot
If I had one word to describe this jacket, it’s PRACTICAL. Anyone who picks this up will wear it for years to come. A total investment piece.
Favorite #5: Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve Crew ($68) in white/white/black
Can’t go wrong with classic stripes in non-colors. Not to mention, this colorway in the long-sleeved version says “I RUN FOR CHEESE” as the motivational quote inside the hem. Here’s hoping the shorter sleeved version says something equally awesome.
The Dud: Switch Please Shacket ($148)
Some mashups out there are mega successes. Think: cronuts. This Shirty McJacket though, nah fam. I mean, I’m not here gouging my eyes out in horror wondering what kind of quaaludes the design team was on, so that’s good. It’s still a no from me.
From the Soap Box
Can’t stop won’t stop with just Barry’s and the 5FD, I’ve got even more to ramble about:
- You know what else has an Amber Aura? The Fried cheese curds I plan on demolishing at tonight’s Twins game. Can’t wear those (or at least I hope I don’t end up wearing them), so I will have to try these options instead:
- Living the 90’s paint splatter vibes with Paint Splash Silver Drop Multi/Black Pace Rival Crops and In Movement Short.
- The other New Kid – I Mean – Print on the block: Flash Pleat Orange Multi/Black.
- Girl is WORKING it in the Muscle Love Crop Tank.
- If a Boulevard Bliss Skirt showed up in my closet I wouldn’t be mad about it.
- I’m hazarding a guess the All Yours mini collection has to be named because instead of stealing these basic pieces from your boyfriend, they are similarly cut and ALL YOURS. (Pictured: All Yours Hoodie)
- It’s fairly muted, but on the heels of last week’s Run Times, aquatic green has surfaced again (yup that’s a water pun) this week, in mainly bottoms:
Once again, I don’t realize how much I’ve rambled until the end of a post and go hey wow that was a bunch of stuff to recap.
Hey wow that was a bunch of stuff to recap. I need to find me a fitting room ASAP, because I’d love to take some of that Dark Red Barry’s gear for a whirl, if only in a mirror. Mall of America, Y U SO CLOSE but with my schedule lately, SO FAR AWAY?!
All stock images property of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.