Let’s play a fun game called ‘how long of a post can Katy type before her muscles quit on her and she falls asleep at the keyboard?’
Okay, so that’s a stretch. But. After taking 5 glorious days off from working out to putz around for a little Vegas Vacation, I came back with a vengeance.
- Friday – Race a 5K
- Saturday – Attempted a long run, managed 3mi before the heat won
- Sunday – Actually did 9 miles, even with the crazy heat & numerous walk breaks
- Monday – CrossFit, maxed out on both Snatch and C&J before a spicy little DL/S2OH piece
- Tuesday – Run 5mi before work (woke up before my alarm), CrossFit after work (ate giant bowl of ice cream earlier)
5 Faves & a Dud: 7/16/19 Edition
Favorite #1: Here to There Dress ($118) in Black
If you’re ever feeling like a professional wedding guest, a lululemon LBD is the ULTIMATE dream. I’m sure many readers can attest to that and already have a staple in their closet (mine is 2015’s &Go ‘Til Dawn Dress).
Originally released in 2014 and back for another round, this dress features:
- Pockets – keep your phone and lip goo at the ready for photo ops
- A flowy skirt – eat as many hors d’oeuvres at cocktail hour as you like
- Techie fabric – no worries when you break a sweat while tearing up the dance floor
If you don’t yet have the all-purpose everything dress yet, there’s no better piece to pick up. Even at full price, you’re going to get a ton of mileage out of it, and your cost per wear will end up pretty low.
Favorite #2: Wunder Under High Rise Tight 28″ *Full-On Luxtreme ($98) in Parallel Stripe Black White
Speaking of triumphant comebacks, these are the pants in which the stripes do the thing. If you missed out back in December when these babies dropped on Christmas Day, it’s now Christmas in July. Ho ho ho!
Favorite #3: Cool Racerback II ($48) in Hot Sunset
Before I list a THIRD comeback in a row, let’s break it up with something that’s truly new. Hot Sunset is starting to light my favorites page UP.
Speaking of… the longer version uploaded last week, the shorter inseam Speed Up Short made its debut in Hot Sunset tonight.
Favorite #4: Ignite Bra ($68) in Black
Ok back to the reduxes. I didn’t grab an Ignite Bra when it appeared earlier this year, and now that it’s HOT AF and even I’m becoming allergic to shirts at the gym.
Considering adding another one or two long line pieces to the rotation.
Favorite #5: Speed Limit Crop 23″ ($118) in Black
I had a little bit of hesitation at first, because lulu chose to showcase Cherry Cola on the main What’s New page. Clicking through, I’m digging the ice blue and white racing stripes on the black version.
These tights are high-waisted Nulux (think Fast & Frees ♥️), and yeah, they’ve got side pockets. Also, the stripes are painted, not woven, so they won’t do a funky pulling thing in front like Tech Mesh WUPs do. Definitely an unexpected favorite. (They also come in a 28″ inseam version.)
The Dud: Feeling Femme Short ($68)
The website says these feel light as air. Of course they do. All the do is LET IN AIR. In a skirt I could work with it, but as soon as you put a weird and uncomfortable crotch in there, it just feels like something dangling in the middle that shouldn’t be there.
If you’re going to airy and free, just put on a dress.
🔥 Coming In Hot 🔥
Oh yeah, how else did you think I was going to announce this week’s influx of Cayenne? You ought to know me by now.
- Fast and Free Tight II 25″ Non-Reflective Nulux
- Fast and Free Crop II 19″ Nulux
- Align Pant II 25″
- In Movement Short
- Play Off the Pleats Skirt
- All The Right Places Pant II 28″
- Wunder Under Crop (High-Rise) Full-On Luon 21″
- Align Pant 28″
From the Soap Box
- Third time’s a charm, the incognito camo multi grey Align Crop *21″ is back again
- The new aquatic green Run Times Short will complement a summer tan nicely
- Oh look an adorable jacket I don’t need but still won’t stop eyeing: Far and Free Jacket
- As mentioned earlier the Hot Sunset Speed Up Short 2.5″ made its debut this week. Can we talk about how cute this outfit looks?
- I see the light coral Define Jacket and I immediately think Cape Cod. See also, the light coral Energy Bra.
- The Black/White/Black Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve Crew is probably the closest thing we are going to get to a camo swiftly since that crazy raspberry chevron attempt of 2015. Yeah, that one.
- I’m not necessarily partial to the color, but we’ve got a Vintage Mauve Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve Crew now for those who need more things to pair their rose gold accessories with.
- It’s got to be summer vacation in lulu land. Another return piece? The Love Knot Bra
- Hello camo fanny pack – I mean – Jacquard Camo Cotton Obsidian/Black Everywhere Belt Bag.
Nothing for me this week. I finally crawled out from under my shroud of denial after all the dust has settled on the damage I did to my poor Amex in Vegas. Damn, that city is expensive.
Is anyone picking up anything new tonight?
All stock images property of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.