In a rare occurrence, I have no words for a long rambling intro this week. Here’s a gratuitous share of a selfie from yesterday in my new Goodr shades. Helps to fill the white space.
5 Faves & a Dud: 4/16/19 Edition
Favorite #1: Free to Be Serene High Neck Bra ($58) in honey lemon
Doing my best to focus on the bright spots here. Put this on me and call me Lulu.
Favorite #2: Cinch Me Up Tank ($44) in Spaced Out Space Dye Black White
I feel like I’m supposed to come up with something more eloquent than “super cute” but… brain no worky this evening.
Favorite #3: Sleek and Strong Tight ($98) in black
Lululemon has always been known for well-placed seams, and these are no exception. Instead of just seams, they took it a step further and went with wider bands in all the right places. I’m not sure how they will feel when moving around, but hey they look like fun.
Favorite #4: Free To Be Bra (Wild) ($48) in hyacinth
Pretty bra, normal color. I’d double tap that, but this isn’t instagram.
Favorite #5: Power Through Bra ($58) in Deep Ruby
RIP to two undeserving former core styles: the All Sport Bra and the 50-Rep Bra. Although I probably own the most Energy Bras and a handful of Invigorates, I’ve still been all over the map while trying to find a supportive all-purpose sports bra with wider, comfy straps. Some of my first Energy Bras are getting to be 6 (!!!) years old, but they won’t last forever. Power Through, what can you do?
The Dud… this time I am SAYING IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK
I said this a few weeks ago, but the reality is that my opinion in this little corner of the internet does zilch to affect change in lululemon’s production decisions. If they asked me, I’d have advised against THIS..
It looks like I just blew my nose into my laptop screen. If anyone wants to get a jump start on dressing like a booger for Halloween… you’ve got options. SO MANY options:
- Define Jacket (Nulux)
- Fast and Free Tight II 25″ Non-Reflective Nulux
- Fast and Free Tight II
- Fast and Free Crop II
- Hotty Hot Short II *Long
- In Movement Tight
- Choose a Side Short
- Fast and Free Tight 28″ Non-Reflective
- The Rain is Calling Jacket II
From the Soap Box
- Now that we’ve got the ick part out of the way let’s get back to pretty gorgeous JET STREAAAAM: Scuba Hoodie * Light Cotton Fleece
- My bad, I also glossed over (wait for it) the GLOSSY one that came out a few weeks ago. It must have gotten buried within a muted sea of options.
- Spring tank top season is upon us (I think, I hope) and the Swiftly Tech Racerback is happily available in brisk blue & honey lemon
- The Choose a Side Short is like the toothpaste I bought at CVS today. Two value packs for the price of one! I now don’t need toothpaste until Christmas.
- The Ebb to Street Bra II has been updated from its predecessor so that now you can rock & roll with straight straps or a crossed back.
- Define Jackets aren’t generally my thing, but boom juice is my jam. Moar please!
- A few items that popped up this week confuse me…
- Ever since I got that Pace Rival Skirt (Tall) in jet stream, for me 2019 may be the year of the adorable skirt. I have dark adobe in my cart, and now graphite purple just joined it. Dark red would be there too if I didn’t already snag a true red Circuit Breaker a couple summers ago. The double phone pockets in the shorts are CLUTCH.
- The Cut Back Crop Tank is kind of sort of perfect to add to denim shorts and call it a summer concert outfit. If only it were JUNE.
- I’m really digging the construction in the Cross it Off Tank. I’m hoping it comes out as just a bra soon. If so, I’ll be giving it a try.
I’m going to be good this week. I picked up the amazonite Swiftly Tech LS Crew in a weak moment in Atlanta (purple sticker goggles). Subtract all the booger green from the What’s New page and hyacinth, brisk blue and honey lemon could actually make a girl feel like SPRING IS FINALLY HERE!!! 💐🌷🌸🌻🌼
All stock images courtesy of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.