I feel like such a square, because all I can seem to ramble about this week is the weather. So maybe today’s 41-degree temps and overcast skies helped me shave 3 minutes off of my 5-mile LHR (low heart rate) time today, but this girl is sick and tired of 1) looking sick and tired and 2) looking out the window at clouds.
Speaking of LHR miles, it feels strange to not be sharing a #SeaKatyWheeze series this year. Training for the San Diego Rock & Roll Half has been chugging along, and I still textually annoy Joanna (my coach) on the daily, even though she’s got far more important things to worry about right now like RUNNING THE BOSTON MARATHON. Seeing that by this time next week the race will be over, I’m saying it now:
GO JOANNA RUN FAST WOOHOO YOU ARE AWESOME! 🥳
Training has felt off kilter ever since getting sick and heading out on the road for the last few weekends, but I’m doing my best. Simply happy to be out there putting one foot in front of another on a consistent basis. Once R&R is over, I’m going to focus on getting “fast” at 5Ks for a few months before taking on the runDisney Wine & Dine Two Course Challenge (back to back 10K & Half Marathon) some time around Halloween.
You all know I could talk about running for hours, so I’m going to squash it here and dive on into this week’s picks. Onward!
5 Faves & a Dud: 4/9/19 Edition
Favorite #1: Sorel Ella Sandal ($80) in Zing
Yes, that’s truly the colourway’s name… no ifs, ands, or BAZINGAS about it. Sorel dropped the Ella last summer, and I picked up a pair in black. I wore them all summer long, the elastic criss-cross bands are incredibly comfortable and these sandals can be used to dress an outfit up or down.
I must not have been the only one who loved theirs, because Sorel’s going in on a much wider array of color offerings this year. I can’t help but wish I had the ZING option available last June before heading off on my oh-so-grammable weekend getaway to Palm Springs.
I’d say “close your eyes and imagine yourself rocking these in sandal weather” (and maybe some of you lucky Southerners already are), but then you wouldn’t be able to feast your eyes on these photos of said cute sandals.
Favorite #2: Lululemon Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve Crew ($78) in Deep Marine
Can’t turn away from such a beautiful jewel tone, which reminds me an awful lot of Alberta Lake and Nocturnal Teal. Methinks I need to add this one to the collection. Fun fact: deep marine also dropped in a short sleeve this week.
While I’m gushing on the color, let’s keep the momentum going all the way down to the bottoms. Deep marine didn’t just come to play in the Swiftly game. Other options i’m coveting include…
- Time to Sweat Tight
- In Movement Crop & In Movement Short
- Wunder Under Low-Rise Tight 28″ Full-On Luxtreme
- Wunder Under High-Rise Tight 28″ Full-On Luxtreme
Whoever on the styling team paired this color with honey lemon… YOU GO, GLEN COCO!
Favorite #3: Sweaty Betty Fast Track Run Jacket ($145)
So, I have an evil genius idea on how to get spring to show up and finally stay around. Spend money on an adorable brightly-colored running jacket!
By the time it ships from across the pond (FREE because Sweaty Betty is awesome like that), Mother Nature is going to ruin all chances you have at taking it for a spin by warming it up to 70-degrees for as long as your weather app can see. Seems like a legit strategy to me, don’t you think?
Favorite #4: Lululemon On the Beat Belt Bag ($) in Poppy Coral/Hydra Blue
I know, this is a little bit of an odd choice with a Cotopaxi vibe, but I’m into it. Belt bags are here whether you like it or not, and the hands-free life is pretty damn awesome at concerts, picnics, outdoor events… you get it.
The other colourways look matted, but poppy coral has got a satiny sheen. Pair it with a contrasting band for kicks and I think it’s a fun way to jazz up a simple outfit. If you like the color combo but aren’t on the belt bag bandwagon, the Easy as Sunday Tote may be more your style for a fun summer carryall. All 19L of whatever snacks and miscellaneous crap you intend to schlep around.
Favorite #5: Lululemon Track & Train Short 8″ ($68) in black
Thanks to my big ol’ legs, I CANNOT work out in tiny spandex shorts without the inseam rolling up. Hell, I can’t even exist. The originally uploaded Track & Train Shorts have a 4″ inseam, and I’m not sure if I would be able to get them to stay in place if I tried to go for a run or bike ride.
Thankfully, lululemon’s got my back. Are the longer Track & Trains the cute booty shorts that girls are rocking all over instagram? Nope not at all. But for we tall women who try to fight the good fight against chub rub and just can’t seem to catch a break, I’m willing to give the longer option a try. 🤞 (FYI: they are available online only)
The Dud: Lululemon Lab Balzo Dress ($168) in Canyon Rock
I feel like onesies are always magnets for Dud status (I’m still thinking about that black/white floral catsuit from 2015), but I am going to skip over the Posy Jumpsuit (from the Lab, of course) and move right on to the mesh trimmed potato sack.
Can someone explain to me the part where this is supposed to be flattering? The sleeves are too long, as is the hemline. I’ll call Wilma, while I do that, can someone please get her a tie and a sharpie and complete the look?
The (Lulu) Lemonade
This week’s upload doesn’t feature too many zingers (see what I did there), but per usual I’m talking past 5 picks.
- Stand by on the Early Morning Dress, I’ve got fitting room photos coming your way shortly 🙂
- I am 100% that girl who carries a lululemon purse, and the On My Level Barrel Bag *Mini is my kind of ‘handbag but not’.
- Anyone with an allegiance to UNC should probably pick up a brisk blue Mist Over Windbreaker.
- Clear the Court Tight – I’ve got to know. Tennis court, racquetball court? Basketball court? Whichever court you’re clearing, I do think the asymmetrical design is a fun play on a high-rise black tight.
- The Hotty Hot Short II 2.5″ is uploading as ‘new’, so let’s just go with “back in stock”
- Lulu’s really hoping everyone digs on the Breeze By Muscle Crop Tank, because we’ve got grey sage added to the lineup (Fit Review)
- Incognito Camo Multi Grey full-length Align Pants are (surprisingly) still available in ALL sizes, 0-14. Don’t stop get ’em get ’em 😎
- Seems as though a polar pink Energy Bra has snuck in through the back door. Hiiii!
- The heathered honey lemon Love Tank *Pleated is damn cute. Is that even an expression? Is now.
- Oh hi hyacinth, you’re looking cute in the Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve.
- Alright Geo Bra. You win. I like you a lot, except I can’t think of how or where I’d ever wear you except for in a thirst trap selfie on Instagram.
- I’ve already gotten mad at Athleta for striped track pants, now it’s Lululemon’s turn. The On the Right Track Pant is on the wrong track for me.
- Everyone and their mother seems to be obsessed with the Align Jogger, so if you want a lighter-colored ‘spring’ pair, Graphite Purple is here for you.
- Fans of the color who are Align traditionalists are not left out, you can also pick up the Align Pant II.
- IMHO if I’m going graphite purple, I’d rather carry it than wear it, aka hello On My Level Tote.
- Digging the idea of the In Movement Tight *Blocked, but wish they’d chosen other colors for the plum shadow option. Silverscreen is a bit too cool.
Come On Ride It
Triathletes and cyclists, your annual upload is here! Usually it’s one bib and one tank, but this year there are a few options to choose from:
- City to Summit Light Cycling Short ($98) in black or antique bark (shown above). Made from Nulux, think of them as Fast & Free padded shorts. There’s no hem, but there are silicone dots on the inside to keep the shorts in place. “Barely-there padding to keep you comfortable during shorter bike rides and indoor cycling classes.”
- City to Summit Cycling Jersey ($145)
- City to Summit Arm Warmer Silver ($45)
- City to Summit Bib Short ($198) also made of Nulux
- City to Summit Cycling Cap ($42)
- City to Summit Cycling Short ($178) not to be confused with the ‘light’ version. For an extra $80, these feature 2 side pockets plus a zip pocket, and a fancy chamois lining inside for when you’re more than woo-ing it up at the spin studio.
Oh goodness. It’s 7:28pm and I’m yawning already. Maybe it’s because I’ve been up far past my bedtime for the last two nights and I bet it’s catching up to me. Stayed up with good reason, though… for the first time ever I CORRECTLY CHOSE THE NATIONAL CHAMPION IN MY NCAA BRACKET!
WOO HOOS! I didn’t go to UVA, but the pick I made while filling out a bracket in under 60 seconds while sitting in a meeting (I work in sports so I like to think it’s okay) took me all the way to the end. Hooray!
All stock images courtesy of lululemon athletica, Sweaty Betty and Sorel
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.