Hey there, blogosphere! Coming at you live and in person from my brand new incognito camo multi grey Align Pant IIs that I absolutely picked up in last week’s restock.
DID YOU KNOW: It’s kind of difficult to type a blog post when you’re a little too obsessed with the chicken enchilada stuffed sweet potato on your desk? I should probably do that whole ‘mindful eating’ thing and actually sit down at the table and taste my food, but… it’s the first Tuesday of the month and y’all know that means there’s a bunch of stuff to talk about.
At least typing with your mouth full is less uncouth than talking with your mouth full.
5 Faves & a Dud: 3/19/19 Edition
Fave #1: Fast & Free Crop II ($118) in jet stream
Yeah yeah, I’m predictable AF when it comes to Fast & Frees and royal blue. I’m a woman who knows what she likes, and I’d like to try these on to make sure they’re not sheer first.
Not pictured but worth an Honorable Mention, the Speed Up Crop also dropped in jet stream this evening 🙂
Fave #2: Roll Around Tee *Light ($58) in midnight navy
I feel that it is my duty to draw attention to this rather simple piece. This can go with work outfits, casual weekend outfits, any outfit ever. Already picturing myself in this with some cute seersucker shorts & white converse tennis shoes on Cape Cod. Or maybe the shorts are khaki. Or Nantucket red. Listen to me, I sound so vanilla.
Anyhow, I feel like a lot of people may scroll past due to its simplicity, but I feel like this tee deserves some positive attention 🙂
Fave #3: Free to Be Serene Bra ($52) in super purple
I can’t deal with another “what color is this” debate, and my poor eyes think super purple looks kind of blue but the name confirms that shut up Katy it is PURPLE.
But go figure the serene BLUE Swiftly Tech LS looks purple. AGGGHHH.
Fave #4: Goal Up Tank ($58) in Spaced Out Space Dye Black White
There have been few and far between space dyes that I’ve met and not liked, and this Goal Up is no exception. While annoying to sit back in a chair in, I have always dug the tie-back tank trend.
Fave #5: Tuck & Gather Pullover ($98)
I can’t bring myself to declare one color a clear winner over the other two. If buying for myself I’d probably go gray to match my already Wednesday Addams wardrobe just because that’s who I am as a person. All I know is that it’s a flattering design, and french terry modal means you’re never going to want to take this pullover off.
Fave #6: Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve (Breeze) ($68) in ray
I’m good at math. This could have slid in completely under my radar a week or two ago because the color swatch is buried, but as I was wrapping up my (what I thought was finished) post, I couldn’t help but race back to shed some light on this amazingly neon shirt that I now am on a mission to hunt down.
Enlite Hydraffinity Vest ($178)
As a distance runner who LOVES a good hydration vest, it pains me to list it here but I have to. I was beyond excited to see the Enlite Hydraffinity Vest come to the states this week after seeing a Runners World UK article hyping it up, and then I read the final sentence of the product description. Read for yourself.
Stop at nothing. Designed for dedicated distance runners and avid adventurers, this revolutionary run vest merges the optimal support of a high-performance bra with convenient hydration. Layer this intelligent design layer over your activewear to give yourself the elevated support (and quick-sip hydration) you need to hit the ground running. Please note, this run vest does not come with a water bladder.
You mean to tell me that for $178 you’re selling me a ‘hydration’ vest that DOESN’T EVEN COME WITH A WAY TO HOLD THE WATER?! I’m pretty sure that means it’s just a Batman-looking sports bra with pockets. Consider saving yourself $100+ and picking up a Stash ‘N Run Bra for your keys & goos.
From the Soap Box
- Jet stream isn’t the only blue making waves this week (heh I’m punny), we see from left to right a handful of gorgeous shades making appearances this week:
- Would it too greedy of me to beg for kayak and fresco blue too? I suppose, seeing that we have a TON of serene blue options this week too:
- As a camo fan I would be remiss not to mention that there’s an incognito camo multi grey Scuba Hoodie IV with which you can complete the head to toe “CAN’T FIND ME NOW” look.
- The Free to Be Serene Bra *Long Line hops in on said long line bandwagon, and I dig how Wee Are From Space Nimbus Battleship looks.
- Is it me or does the Wunder Under Crop *Ribbed have a little bit of a Rebel Runner vibe going on?
- Speaking of vibes, the parallel stripes that made a surge at Christmas are now available in the Train Times 7/8 Pant, which I admittedly still haven’t tried on.
- Everyone’s favorite sports bra and the high neck trend finally cross paths – meet the Energy Bra *High Neck, which is available in black, white and copper coil (aka rose).
- The graphite purple Speed Up Short will look good if you have a tan. I wore shorts to the gym yesterday and can confirm I do NOT have a tan.
- Next up, let’s talk country club sports. I know I’m not the only one out there who grew up with a tennis racket and golf clubs in their hands. For my fellow prepsters who are looking for a few new pieces to fit in with the tennis & golf crowd, whether it be for fun or corporate outings, I appreciate the Swiftly Speed Sleeveless Henley, and the Swiftly Speed Polo.
- Styling is everything. How else was I about to nominate the black Know Your Angles Poncho for the Dud before the whole ‘no hydration’ thing, but then I clicked on the gray one and thought “oooh she cute”. It has sleeves though. So isn’t this really a super short capey sweatshirt thing? I’m so confused.
- They snuck in a dark red Pace Rival Skirt (Tall) so I’m sneaking it in between this poncho side-by-side just because I can.
- Seeing that lulu’s no bueno at explaining the differences between the Sheer Joy Jacket (short-haired model) and the On the Horizon Jacket (the blonde) at first glance, I will. The Sheer Joy is straight in the back, the On the Horizon Jacket flares out all cute and lulu-like. They look a little odd with white underneath, but for some reason, I’m ever so slightly digging the 1990s plastic rain coat vibes.
- Last but not least let’s finish off this accidentally long blog post with a pocket full of sunshine because I am quite liking the happy pop of color that honey lemon is bringing. To liven your wardrobe up…
Hooooooooooly crap this ended up being a long post, and I didn’t even cover it all. The Early Morning Dress doesn’t cover it all either 😂
*ba dum tsss*
All stock images courtesy of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.