For the past few years, I’ve been most excellent at forgetting the blog’s birthday. The end of March rolls around and I think back “oh sh*t I forgot again” – well this year I DIDN’T.
On March 12, 2015, I wrote a tiny stupid blog post (if you can even call it that) about how I liked to eat whipped cream & sprinkles and call it dessert. Somehow that random stream of consciousness morphed into what AthletiKaty.com is today, and I’m pretty stoked about it.
So here’s a montage of fun birthday bitmojis, woooooo! I won’t stop drop & get too sentimental, but I will say THANK YOU to everyone who keeps stopping by this little corner of the internet week after week to read my nonsense, offer you two cents, encourage me to keep this thing going, even when my work/life balance occasionally goes to hell in a handbasket. I love you all <3
5 Faves & a Dud: 3/12/19 Edition
One would think I’d place an order or something this week to celebrate AthletiKaty’s ‘birthday’, but I feel like that would be a little bit of overkill seeing that last week’s lululemon shipment hasn’t even arrived yet. Come on, camo underpants! You think I’m kidding? I’m not kidding. 🙂
From top, L-R:
- Mist Over Windbreaker ($118) in spicy red – just the color name alone is a total winner. In the most basic of terms, it’s SUPER CUTE. The four-way stretch is very appealing, because that means this jacket will tie around your waist quite nicely for those hikes where you start cold and finish hot. It’s simple, it’s perfect, and I want it. Even without seeing it in person, I have a good feeling about this jacket.
- To the Beat Tight ($128) in plum shadow – Everlux and I are having a MOMENT lately, and I’m here for how awesome this fabric feels even when I’m grinding it out cardio style. Yesterday’s WOD: 3000m bike + 3000m row + 3000m bike = 23 minute redline, and my To the Beats were amazing. Plus, this dark purple shade is a fantastic alternative if you feel like you simply can’t justify to your wallet why you needed another pair of black crops.
- Cool Racerback II *Nulu ($48) in vintage rose – I got a little bit excited and thought at first glance… BOOM JUICE? Alas, no boom, no juice, but it’s still a nice pop among the otherwise muted color palate offered in this week’s upload.
- Water Bound Hoodie ($88) in black – As the Backstreet Boys would say… Oh my God we’re back again! The Water Bound is back – I own two of these, and still continuously wear the first one I picked up in 2014. A perfect lightweight layer for when the weather warms up, or if you need to be outside but want some protection from the sun. UPF protection FTW. If you opt for white or dark chrome, be aware the fabric is on the lighter side and you may be able to see your layers underneath.
- Pack It Up Jacket ($138) in incognito camo multi grey – So yeah, the Pack It Up in my closet I am going to love no matter what because SEAWHEEZE REFLECTIVE – but shiny paint aside, I really like how mine performs. It’s been a great windbreaker for me on 20 degree winter runs. The cinched waist can be cute, but I will admit that this style is probably going to look better on ladies with shorter torsos. Also, if you give this one a go, be advised the sleeves run a bit on the short side. Thumbhole addicts, keep shopping.
Unwind Your Mind Dress ($98) in brick rose/white
Is… is the knot in front supposed to look like that? Usually the cinched waists are hidden by fun knotted detail, but after checking both colourways, it’s SUPPOSED to be like that, and I don’t understand. Coming to an WMTM page near you in 3… 2… 1… heh.
The Ke$ha Section (aka Blah Blah Blah)
Here’s where I usually take a few minutes to highlight what else caught my eye but fell short of the top five. I’m really not feeling too many of the muted colors, but for information’s sake:
- Arrow jacquard is back, and the straps of the Energy Bra are bugging my eyes out.
- Got ourselves a camo-ish straggler in the Sequoia Camo Print Deep Coal Black/Black Sculpt Tank.
- The Stripe in Stride Long Sleeve has UV-protecting potential, but I’m going to stand by and hope pink glow isn’t the only color offering.
- I’ll admit, deep ruby Align Pant II, I see you and I appreciate you.
Did it take me forever to write this post tonight? Yeah. Did it take me forever to do 4 heart rate miles on a treadmill this morning, and to finish the WOD at CrossFit this afternoon? Also yeah.
All that calorie burn and I didn’t even stop to find myself a cupcake.
All stock images courtesy of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.