Every year, there’s a nice span of a few weeks in the fall when it’s not too hot, not too cold, and you get to do the Goldilocks thing and not have the heat or AC running at home. At least, there *should* be that few week span.
This year? 3 days. I left for Florida for a paltry three days and didn’t have the heat pump running, and when I got home it was 57 degrees indoors. Well, I always say 48 degrees with sunny blue skies is my kind of weather, so it’s time to light up a fire, lace up the Sorels and embrace it. With a cozy new outfit, of course.
5 Faves & a Dud: 10/23/18 Edition
- Sweaty Betty Regent Merino Knitted Top ($175) in Beetle Blue – prep school R us and IDGAF
- Athleta Cozy Karma Asym Sweatshirt Dress ($128) in Oatmeal Heather – I don’t dabble much in ‘winter white’, but this makes me want to try
- Brooks Canopy Jacket Nightlife ($160) in Black – daylight is dwindling and I don’t like it. I do, however, think this jacket is not only badass, but would be useful as I attempt to stay fast for as long as this run season allows.
- Athleta Stash Pocket Moto Tight ($98) in Black – Pardon me but moto WITH SIDE POCKETS?! I will not pass go but I wouldn’t mind collecting $200 on the way; I am absolutely heading out with intention to snap up a pair these this weekend.
- Caraa x Athleta Commuter Backpack ($138) in Silver – I was rocking the metallic marshmallow look by the fire last night in last year’s Athleta vest, and if I wanted to parlay it into an astronaut costume for Halloween next week… beam me up, backpack!
The Dud: New Balance X90 Re-Constructed Sneaker ($110) in Goldrush / Castle Rock
Athleta’s been working hard over the last couple of years to shed that hippy dippy yoga vibe and really turn out some stylish pieces. I’m also a fan of their partnerships with third party brands so their website is a one stop shop for a full outfit. They were doing do well until I was scrolling through the New Arrivals today and… these happened:
What even are these? I’m all about colorful fun shoes, but… hard pass.
BRB gonna go drool over those side pocket moto tights for the rest of the evening while I scrub the image of these mustard kicks out of my brain…