Tuesday, you creeper. You’re here again. So why not get absorbed in the ADOBO CHICKEN STUFFED AVOCADO that was put down in front of me when I started writing this post, and now finish it up on Wednesday morning like a caffeinated champ.
Caffeine courtesy of Fleet Coffee in Austin. You adorably hip hole in the wall, you.
5 Faves & a Dud – Lululemon’s 2/20/18 Upload
Favorite #1: Energy Bra ($52) in moroccan blue
If you’ve made it this far in life without owning a bright blue Energy Bra, kudos to you I don’t know how you’ve done it. While this is no pipe dream or jet stream, it’s still a solid effort.
Favorite #2: Time to Sweat Bra ($52) in eucalyptus
I LIKE THIS. A lot. A nice departure from the criss cross, yet paying attention to the wide/flat/comfortable straps that lulu shoppers loved from the All Sport Bra (RIP). I definitely need to try this on, and now feel like a dope for just having bought an Energy (the braided one) a couple weeks ago.
Favorite #3: Like a Glove Jacket ($148) in teal shadow
Love me a long rain coat. Makes me feel slightly better about running around and going about my day in tights, not pants.
This one’s got a slightly more utilitarian look than usual, and I’m here for it. Teal, I guess because I’ve overdone the ‘wear all black’ thing a bit too much this winter, and should probably start seeing things in color again.
Favorite #4: Cool Racerback ($42) in olive
Ol’ reliable, I’m happy to see you – even if you’re available online only. You’re not dead.
Favorite #5: Effortless Jacket ($128) in chrome
This is a little out of character for me, but I’m going to take a walk on the lighter side this week. This could be a useful piece of awesome for spring.
This morning, I looked in the mirror and realized it’s that time of year. My hair is as dark as it’s going to get, and my skin is as pasty as it can be. I can’t wait for running season to pick back up so I can look a little less… dead.
The Dud: Choose a Side Short ($58) in quicksand/sea green
What if I don’t want to choose either side? These colors don’t complement each other all that well, IMHO. Not choosing, won’t do it. Byeeee.
Anything else? Bueller?
- I keep on going back to the redwood Nonstop Bomber. Not entirely sure where and when I’d get enough mileage out of a shiny burgundy bomber jacket to justify the cost, but it’s a shiny object.
- They’ve been around for a few months now, and I’m *still* eyeing the city lights multi Fast & Free 7/8 Tight II. Pair them with my map jacket from Seawheeze 2016, and you’d never get lost. Heh.
- If you can keep yourself away from dirt & grease enough to confidently dress like a cadbury mini egg, the Swiftly Tech LS‘s newest shades are super light: Porcelain Pink & Cool Breeze.
- All the current Free to Be Wild Bra offerings are in the red family. Can a girl get a purple, green or blue? Eucalyptus. I’d buy that.
- Is anyone buying the Train Times 7/8 Pant? I’ve seen the Train Times crop heavily discounted pretty often, and am wondering if anyone’s actually buying these. They’re not a terrible look, but they’re also not a wow.
- Kinda sorta want a vermilion Swiftly SS. Long sleeves would work too.
- Lululemon, quit it with the Refresh Maxi Dress II. Unless your name is Karlie or Gisele, it’s not a very flattering look, especially the heathered dusty mauve. Even typing the name of that color makes me cringe. It sounds like a nightmare that anyone whose ever been a bridesmaid has had before.
Whatever type of espresso was in my cappuccino just hit me. I am WIRED. Nothing like giving yourself the coffee zoomies right before having to go to the airport and sit still for a zillion hours on end. But hey, I’mma end up in SoCal soooo… I can’t complain. Palm trees, I’m coming for you!