As most of you lemons out there already know, lululemon’s spring offerings weren’t very springlike at all, and the consumers have spoken by pulling their purse strings a bit tighter. At least lululemon acknowledges a large gripe of ours (a lack of bright colors) and it sounds like they intend to remedy the bleary situation as early as April.
Well, it’s April and upload is here. I wasn’t expecting much, and it’s a good thing I didn’t hold my expectations very high. There are a few bright spots, but they are still farther between than I’d prefer them to be. It’s a start.
5 Faves & a Dud – 4/4/17 Upload
Favorite #1: Speed Short ($58) in antidote
Sung in a Backstreet Boys tone: “oh my God, it’s back agaaaain!”
Favorite #2: Fast & Free 7/8 Tight ($128) in jet stream
Those lines, the color! I can’t quit royal blue if you paid me. Too bad the price tag is asking for us to pay out the nose to get our hands on a pair.
Favorite #3: Swiftly Tech LS Crew ($78) in marvel
I know I’m not supposed to like dark jewel tones in the spring collection, but LOOK AT IT.
Favorite #4: Invigorate Bra ($52) in marvel/black
Tried this one on last week in a different color, was pleasantly surprised. Energy Bra fit & feel in the front, a little bit of sass in the back.
Favorite #5: Keep Score Tight ($118) in black
At first look, these don’t look all that jazzy. Are they the Speed Tight under a different guise? But then, I clicked through to the product page to find textured details that give these tights an edgy look.
The Dud: Free to Flow Crop ($88) in magnum/white
Alright, let’s pause to let the 12-year-old boy in all of us stop giggling about the word ‘magnum’. Moving on.
I’ve never been a fan of the seamless line of crops that always seems to fly under the radar. Well, this week I’m outing this pair because with its seamless front and meh color, there’s no way you can stand with your legs together without having a camel toe. Light colors, unflattering shadow, no thanks.
What Else Have We Here?
- First popping up in Australia, we’ve got a lot of bright white to choose from. For those of you with fantastic tans already (I’m jealous), here are your options:
- Worth noting, the entire Keep Score capsule is currently only available in black & white. I am intrigued by the Keep Score Bra, btw. It’s a bra/crop tank hybrid, and if I had abs, I’d wear it in the summer. But, my abs are hiding. Less gummy bears, more salad. Easier said than done.
- As much as I hope for bright colors like blazer blue, lip gloss, antidote and viridian, I can’t help but drool over marvel. It took a lot of willpower not to add a third marvel item into the top 5. So, here are the rest of the lovelies to feast your eyes on:
- Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve Crew
- Wunder Under Low-Rise Tight
- Swiftly Tech Racerback
- Define Jacket
- Sculpt Tank II – I will look phenomenal in this with a tan
- Run All Day Backpack II – Loooove this ❤
- Pushing Limits Tank
- Free to Be Zen Bra
- The Yoga Bag
- Fast Pace Run Visor – if I wear this, will I run fast too?
- I’m actually digging the square nature of the recently-released Fast Track Bag. Is it a toiletry bag? A shoe bag? A packing cube? A backpack? THE WORLD WILL NEVER KNOW.
- Hey there, Invigorate 7/8 Tight, do we really need both sea spray alpine white dark chrome and chakra print alpine white black/black? NO.
- Sneaking in there in the Run Times Short lineup is another fun color on the vivid side, ruby red.
While there a few bright spots here and there, the overall vibe is still dark and shadowy. Nothing for me this upload (too many family birthdays lately have got me feeling poor), but I’ve still got my eyes on a few things.
Anyone out there order anything new this week?