WHAT. THE. I just wrote two full paragraphs and then my computer/Wordpress just colluded to do something to erase EVERYTHING. So, let’s take two.
In reference to the title of this post, you know I had to go there. Lulu dropped a pretty color called lip gloss this evening, and so you knew… YOU KNEW that there was no way you’d escape reading this post without the obligatory YouTube embed of that annoyingly catchy song. Let’s just get it out of the way and move on with our lives.
Time for us to get excited for MARCH, when days are supposed to get longer and weather is supposed to warm up. That’s great for y’all down in Georgia running around in tank tops and shorts, but on Sunday night it felt like 14 degrees and I wore my knee-length down jacket to Mom’s house. It was not overkill.
On Friday, I reluctantly flew home from Colorado. GAH, I love that state. You go to Panera for a breakfast sandwich, look out the windows and there’s a beautiful view. I really don’t mind red lights when the mountains are right there as a gorgeous backdrop. Coloradans, you’ve got it made.
With it being the first upload of the month, that’s when lululemon has historically dropped the good stuff. This week, there are actually a few non-black glimmers of fun, so let’s get to it, shall we?
5 Faves & a Dud – 3/7/17 Upload
Favorite #1: Energy Bra ($52) in lip gloss
I need to be reminded that the boom juice and jeweled magenta bras I already own are enough. The jeweled magenta Energy Bra I already have is enough. It’s enough.
Or is it? Gaaaah!
Favorite #2: Speed Short ($58) in lip gloss
Me: OOOOH PINK I WANT THEM!
Also me: *never wore pink lemonade Speeds out of fear of getting them dirty, sold them*
Favorite #3: Swiftly Tech LS Crew ($78) in viridian green/black
In case you were wondering what viridian meant, I took the liberty of asking Dr. Google (he knows everything):
a bluish-green pigment consisting of hydrated chromium hydroxide.
BOOM, science. Also, I really like this shirt.
Favorite #4: Smooth Stride LS ($78) in white
I was just having a conversation with my friend Nichole at the gym this evening about how great baseball tees are. Whenever I see one, I buy one. I then don’t wear them as often as I think I will. Having just made the comment about not buying one of the new ones from my gym because I probably won’t wear it, I’d be eating crow for dinner (instead of pulled pork & apple cabbage slaw) and would be out a bunch of dollars if I went and bought this.
This top also comes in black and dark olive, but the mesh sleeves are most distinct in white. Also, for all of those sun-sensitive ladies out there, this one offers UV protection!
Favorite #5: Deep Cove Muscle Tank ($54) in black
Going out on a limb here and picking something funky from the lineup! Let’s all admit that we don’t spend $50+ on sports bras to hide them. The deep V in front adds a bit of sass, and TBH I’d be wearing this to brunch instead of the gym when temperatures (hopefully eventually) rise.
Now that I’m off the road for a little while, I’m seriously tempted to play some catch up to a local store and give this one a try.
The Dud: Wunder Under Low-Rise Tight ($98) in henna/black
Light colors highlight flaws when you don’t want them to be highlighted. Sometimes, there’s a bright pink or light blue that’s so cute that you’re willing to take the risk for the reward of having a super fun pop of color in your outfit.
Henna is NOT a super fun pop of color. It’s just… instead of getting a spray tan you decided to put these on and now if it weren’t for the contrasting waistband then nobody would know from a distance if you were even wearing pants.
What Else We Got Going On?
- I’m bummed that the bit point ice grey black Wunder Under Crops are fullux, because the way the pattern aligns creates a super flattering pair of crops.
- Usually reflective gear sneaks in around Black Friday when the nights are getting shorter, but tonight lulu dropped a few reflective packs, which all look fun. Maybe it’s because I’m partial to shiny objects.
- If you’re antsy for the first chance at festive spring colors, lip gloss is here for you in more ways than the Speeds & Energy Bra listed above:
- Viridian green is the other color du jour, which I like. Seems like a darker shade of bali breeze. The heathered viridian/black Swiftly is also available in both a racerback and the short sleeve.
- For pure viridian, check out the Invigorate Bra, Free to Be Zen Bra or the Smooth Stride Tank
- I like the color blocking idea in the Smooth Stride Bra, but the mesh back kind of kills the mood for me.
- The Love Tee IV and Love Tank in deep rouge are summer styles in winter colors.
- Easy As Jacket. Easy as what… PIE? I MUST KNOW THE ANSWER.
- Trying to figure out how I’d wear a deep olive Re-Form Vest in the spring. Coming up short.
- The Smooth Stride Crop in heathered black aren’t so bad, except I can’t… CANNOT get over the partial black center seam on the rear. Pardon my 7 year old humor here, but it looks like a butt crack 😦
- No pun on comic books, I like marvel: check the Wunder Under Crop (Hi-Rise) out for yourself. They’re preeeetty.
- The blueberry jam Wunder Under Hi-Rise 7/8 Tight or Align Pant IIs just seem like a good basic to have in your closet. You’ll be thanking me in September when you start pairing these with medium brown riding boots. They make my inkwell Aligns feel sad and dull.
- On the heels of the Out to Lunge Untight Tight, we have the Simply Bare Un-Tight Tight, which is more of a plain Wunder Under up top, somewhat like what Skinny Groove Pants used to be, minus the seams down the back of the leg. I can’t bring myself to sell my Skinny Grooves from 2014. They are awesome. I should wear those more.
Alright. That’s all I’ve got tonight. The 6-week no lulu streak is in jeopardy, thanks to that Deep Cove tank, and I’m still eyeballing the Out to Lunge Untight from last week.
One store trip and I’ll fold like a napkin. Ahhhh! Whatever, I’m just excited to see some signs of spring color in the lineup. Hooray?
Anyone jump on the kind of lip gloss that doesn’t get lost in the bottom of your purse?
(Buy clothes. I mean buy the pink clothes. My analogies aren’t always winners.)