Ladies and gentlemen (ok so ladies, I don’t think a single gentleman reads this blog), I’ve got writer’s block. I am angry with Mother Nature. My weekends for the next 7 weeks are crammed pretty busily, so I was hoping to use this past weekend to take some photos of my recently acquired CARTON of lululemon.
What happened instead? Rain. Clouds. My condo is an inside unit with less than optimal lighting, so finding the right time of day to get bloggable photos is more of a challenge than one would think. The Trinity Tank, I’m wearing right now. I love this thing. The Urbanite Backpack, it’s just so cute for to/from work. The pipe dream CRB puts emoj-esque hearts in my eyes and neon pink Minimalist bra was an unusual pop of fun in the wardrobe. The hat? Eh. It’s final sale, so who cares if I love it or not. It’s mine for keeps.
Geezus, listen to me. First world problems to the max this week.
FedEx took 8 years to arrive (practically 6p) on Friday, so I didn’t have much else to do with my time than to drive 40 miles to celebrate National Donut Day in style. See?
5 Faves & a Dud – 6/7/16 Upload
I say nice rack today, because pretty much all of my picks are bras/swim tops this week.
Favorite #1: Energy Bra *h2o ($58) in deep sea h20 energy bra hero blue
POOL WATER. Once upon a time, I had these sneakers that looked like pool water. I had cut a photo out of a magazine of the Nike Air Kukini, and said Mom LOOK these are AWESOME! I didn’t ask her to get them for me, I just asked her to look to see if they existed, or the magazine ad was just a crazy pipe dream. Mom was feeling extra nice that day, saw them in the store and brought them home for me. One of the best surprises of my tweenage life. I love you Mom! ❤
Favorite #2: Run: Stuff Your Bra III ($58) in neon pink
Neon pink is so 80’s and bright and happy and this bra is comfy and useful and the only reason I’m not ordering it is because I ordered a bright and happy and comfy neon pink bra last week. //run-on sentence
Favorite #3: Surf to Sand Sport Top II ($58) in pipe dream blue/black
Let the pipe dream love affair continue. I know I’ve been a bit heavy on the OMG ROYAL BLUE lately, but when a girl meets a color that works for her, she’s got to take advantage and work it. I may or may not be placing an order for this top in the next hour or so. If only I actually had time to go to the beach.
How many millions of miles do I need to run in order to get my ass to look like this model’s? What, you mean I need to give up beer and cookies too? Fuggedaboutit.
Favorite #4: Sunaway Runaway Short Sleeve ($68) in neon juice pink boom?
So the descriptor says boom juice, but the photos definitely look neon pink to me. Also, it says online only, but then my mobile app inventory shows 6 in stock at the Westport store. Why is everything always in stock at the Westport store? I have local store envy of anyone living on the shoreline.
Not the most thrilling of designs, but some of us actually have a need for conservative brights. Work clothes FTW, can’t lose me in the dark if I wear this shirt!
Favorite #5: Wunder Under Crop (Hi-Rise) ($88) in space dye camo seal grey deep coal
You can’t go wrong with a little high rise muffin-top-camouflaging ass-flattering slanted striped stretchy luon-y goodness. You just can’t.
The Dud: Free to Paddle Hat ($38) in black
Welp, grab a snow cone on the boardwalk, stick a flower on my head and call me Frosty.
What Else Ya Got?
- For all of you ladies with the admirable stamina to do triathlons or long-distance cycling on its own, lulu’s offering up some functional selections this week:
- Leader of the Pack Jersey
- Leader of the Pack Short II – They’re padded!
- Shift Happens Jersey
- Shift Happens Bib Short – Also padded! *high five*
- I’m more of a gel seat than a padded shorts girl, but I have to imagine these are just as good, if not better. One day I’ll get over my fear of clipping into my bike. Looking down at the scars left on my arm from the first time I clipped in 7 years ago… that day is not today.
- Back to the POOL WATER love… if the Energy Bra wasn’t enough for you, here’s what else is in store:
- All Sport Bra III
- Speed Wunder Tight (Beware, fullux. But I’m liking the Wunder Speed love child. Simple design with a zippy pocket! Keep it coming, lulu!)
- Speed Track Short – So they’re really tidal trip pipe dream blue, but it’s still whimsical. Ocean water, not pool water. It’s wet.
- Strappy Back One Piece
- Also, we’re seeing another round of swimwear and rash guards this week. The styles aren’t new, but it’s a nice dose of pipe dream (if you’re as goo goo ga ga over royal blues like I am).
- Tidal Flow Net Top
- Race With Me Top
- Go With the Flow One Piece
- Suns Out Rash Guard – GAH I like this, but have nowhere to wear it 😦
- Reach the Beach Short – for when you want to race into the ocean after volleyball without passing go or collecting $200 first.
- Speed Short H20
- Surf Short II – the shorts, are too damn short! At least the 2015 ones were.
- Be Cheeky Bottom – better the rest of you wear this than I >.<
- Tidal Flow Full Bottom – this one’s more my speed
- Go With the Flow (High Waist)
- Suns Out Bikini
- What’s new in the land of le Swiftly? Some, but not too much. Two words: earth tones
- The Refresh Maxi Dress is back in its second incarnation, but there’s something about a racerback maxi that I can’t get on board with.
- Boogie Short lovers, the Wunder Short 2″ keeps getting cranked out. I never had the body type to pull the Boogie off. For those of you who do, how are you liking the new replacement? When I tried on the 5″, I’ll admit that I liked them.
- The mini ripple boom juice multi High Times Pants are fun. The fact that they’re fullux makes them less fun. 😦
- ALRIGHT PEOPLE, here’s the ultimate Dud of the evening. Not one piece, but a conglomeration of pieces that should not be conglomerated together as such:
I’m just going to leave that right there and go on and order that swim top now. Dios mio.
Anyone else score tonight?