I will not buy anything this week. I am writing this opening ramble BEFORE upload even happens, and must stick to my guns. Why, you ask? BECAUSE THE AC IN MY CAR BROKE AND IT’S $1200 TO FIX. So yeah. Lululemon, I don’t care what the frack kind of cuteness you’re uploading tonight, I CANNOT GIVE IN. The wound to my savings account is still fresh. Then again, that’s what savings accounts are for. Paying for when important sh*t breaks.
How was everyone’s weekend? Sorry for being so durn quiet lately. I’ve been on the road for work 4 days a week for the past couple weekends, and it’s been a bear trying to somehow attempt to train for a half marathon while eating crap food, working a bunch of overtime and drinking more/sleeping less than I should. After this weekend, I’m staying put for a bit.
HELPFUL HINT: To save yourself from annoyance of checking Lulu & the Box and not seeing a new post, if you scroll down to the bottom of the right hand sidebar, there’s a nifty box where you can sign up to be notified by email every time I post something new. That, or catch new links on the Twitter machine @Luluandthebox. Facebook messes with featured images, and I just plain ol forget about IG. Whoops.
Last week’s WMTM was also so underwhelming I didn’t even post an alert. There were maybe 5 new items, at most? GET IT TOGETHER, SELF.
Onward with all of my favorite things that I can’t have this week.
5 Faves & a Dud – 9/15/15 Upload
Favorite #1: Go the Distance Jacket ($128) in sapphire blue
Favorite #2: Run With Me Gloves ($28) in classic stripe jewelled magenta red october/black
Reynaud’s ‘R US over here! Rainbow sherbet stripes win. Believe I bought a pair of these last year off WMTM to match one of my Vinyasa scarves, so this gives me hope that this means there is going to be a beautiful Rulu pink/orange vinyasa coming out soon.
On second thought, this could also be leftover fabric from the 2015 Seawheeze gear. Either way, I’m going to optimistically keep my fingers crossed!
Favorite #3: Circadian Long Sleeve V Neck Tee ($68) in mini pop stripe heathered medium grey black
Favorite #4: Kanto Catch Me Jacket ($148) in ultra violet
Favorite #5: Scuba Hoodie III ($118) in heathered regal plum
The Dud: Run and Done Toque ($32) in alarming
It should be a good thing that I struggled to come up with a Dud this week, right? I bought a Water Bound Hoodie last year, which had a ponytail hole in the hood. For some odd reason I just can’t get behind the ponytail hole in headgear. It’s a great idea in theory, but in execution sure looks funny. Also, I’m pretty over the alarming trend. NEXT!
- So. much. purple! Ultra violet and regal plum are running the table this week.
- Fall is coming in a big way, strappy tank tops have been phased out in favor of LS shirts to stock your closet with.
- The Kanto Catch Me Long Sleeve reminds me a lot of the Race Your Pace LS, easily one of my favorites from last season.
- Rulu is back! Soft and thick. (That’s what she said)
- Interestingly enough, even after introducing the Scuba III, Lulu keeps cranking out Scuba II’s. I still don’t own one. Does anyone who owns both have an overwhelming preference one Scuba over the other?
- Back on the scene in a muted fashion is heatheres sea mist in both the Swiftly LS & SS, plus the Free to Be bra.