My brain is too amped for this weekend to write a witty opening paragraph for this week’s edition of 5 Faves & a Dud. All I know is that at first look, there’s a f*ck ton of Alarming going on right now. Heads up. I’ve seen this color in person, it’s heavily twinged with orange. If you’re looking for something cherry red, Alarming is not your color.
The faster I type this, the faster I can get to packing my suitcase for the Games. VAMOS!
5 Faves & a Dud – 7/21/15 Upload
Favorite #1: Cool Racerback ($42) in flash light
Favorite core style in yet another pretty color. A pinker version of Grapefruit, so I have no business buying this tank. Then again, I had no business buying a Tranquil Blue Swiftly LS with Fresco Blue in the closet, but we all have weak moments.
Favorite #2: Pedal to the Medal Singlet ($54) in black/heathered black
This tank is interesting, in a good way! I really like the color blocking, and am a fan of the mesh fabric. I own the What the Sport SS in the black mesh used in this tank, and I really love how lightweight it is on a hot day.
Favorite #3: Pace Rival Crop ($98) in wee are from space black slate/grapefruit
Favorite #4: Energy Bra ($48) in alarming/grapefruit
Favorite #5: Wunder Under Crop II (Roll Down – Mesh) ($92) in wee are from space silver spoon/silver spoon
The scalloped edges are a real win for me. If there is a way for lines to seem upbeat and fun, these are. If you’re in the market for a lighter-colored crop and are frustrated with the epic stripe fail that is the current offering of the cyber stripe silver fox High Times, these are a great alternative!
The Dud: Pedal To The Medal 7/8 Tight *Full-On Luxtreme ($108…!!!) in ace spot grain black/black
I am over and done with this ace spot grain dottie dash polka dot ink dab from your grandma’s bingo marker pattern thing lulu’s been pushing. Bring back ziggy wee already. After the color blocked tranquil blue/alarming featured in WWL last week, I was expecting something more jazzy. Not this. Also, they’re full-on luxtreme, which I do NOT like… AND the price point is in the triple digits. Nope nope nope.
- Alarming is running the table. 13 items available in this attention-grabbing color.
- Banana leaf white black is sneaking into the mix on WUPs and a few bags.
- An old school favorite, the Groove Pant is available in both regular AND TALL lengths.
- The Roll-Down WUP in stripe play slate black/black is kinda freaking me out with all that side mesh. It’s asking to get snagged on a broken nail.
- Oh geez. I missed the Step Lively Crop at first look. They should have been The Dud. Oh well.
- I wonder if the Alarming WUCs will be sheer? Anyone? Bueller? Whoever’s got insight, let me know!
- I’ve been kicking myself for letting the Navy High Times sell out months ago. Welp, they’re available now but the kicker is that they’re full-on luxtreme. Fullux and I aren’t friends. Boo.
- The All Sport Crop is a nice fit, but I tried them on last week and was not a fan of the pocket that’s bonded on. It gets a bit warpy funny when you bend your leg at the hip. Beware!