In the past month, Heathered Jewelled Magenta’s been all over each upload. It’s a pretty color, but to be honest, at 5’9″ with long blonde hair, I’m not trying to look like a real housewife of (insert miscellaneous yuppie location here). To avoid the Barbie look, I only caved and got the JM Energy Bra, because I needed another bright solid to keep my well-loved Pipe Dream Energy some company.
I love me some purple, and was super excited to see the cooler hue of Iris Flower on a few items on top of the “What’s New” page tonight. Yet, all this talk about Iris Flower and Grapefruit ends up running the table on my weekly top picks.
It’s been 7 days and here I am feeling like it’s an eternity since I last bought anything new from lulu. Apparently my perception of time is extremely skewed. Let’s get to the top 5 of the week, shall we?
5 Faves & a Dud – 6/9/15 Upload
Favorite #1: Runbeam Hoodie in texture twist white black/black ($98)
I know… I featured the Runbeam last week. I LIKE IT! The texture twist helps to rectify the sort of see-through thing the Toothpaste has going on. I may actually end up getting it in Lullaby if I do break down and decide it’s worth $98. Love the texture twist print, but it’s pretty similar to the black & white textured waterbound hoodie I got last year.
Favorite #2: Summer Lovin’ Tote in floral backdrop black multi/deep coal ($88)
When the Tracker Shorts came out in this print, I wasn’t exactly loving them. But for some reason, the grapefruit straps are a perfect pop of color that caught my eye. Makes me want to stop using the black & white 2014 holiday shopping tote for my gym clothes and start using an ACTUAL tote.
Favorite #3: Vinyasa Scarf in mini akido stripe heathered black heathered silver spoon ($48)
June doesn’t exactly scream scarf weather, but again that grapefruit pop of color and the stripes in different widths have me going all OOOH I NEED ANOTHER SCARF, even though I do not actually need another scarf.
Favorite #4: True Self Bra in grapefruit/peach fuzz ($52)
Favorite #5: Wunder Under Crop II in floral sport backdrop iris flower multi ($82)
The Dud: Liberty Short in bleacher stripe white iris flower/bleached coral ($54)
Other Random Notes
- Canada got the Pistachio CRB. I am green with envy right now. Get it?
- The Sweat Cuffs I mentioned last week are now available in black
- Gingham a la 2013 makes a comeback in the Free to Be Wild Bra
- The heathered naval blue Wunder Under Pant (Roll Down) look phenomenally comfortable!
- The Flow Y Bra IV is featured in plain black. Wasn’t aware that classic ever went away.
- For you seamless fans, the Seamlessly Street Crop is available in heathered iris flower
- The Happy Strappy Long Line Bra is worth taking a look at.
- I was really hoping the latest Define Jacket was some sort of gray cyber stripe, but alas, it’s diamond jacquard. #whompwhomp
Enough drooling over luon for the night, a girl’s got to eat dinner.