Gooood Morning (ok so now it’s evening) Baton Rouge! Field trippin’ yet again. A handful of new styles dropping this week, with the emphasis on Heathered Jewelled Magenta. Only one piece in Clarity Yellow (the CRB), hopefully more are in the pipeline. Such a pretty color!
Cruise the full upload here.
5 Faves and a Dud, let’s go!
Favorite #1: What the Sport Singlet in Heathered Jewelled Magenta/Gold ($48)
I don’t like the CUT of this shirt. It’s supposed to be roomy. I like roomy. Yet something doesn’t look right in back. However, I’m really digging the pink & gold combo. What can I say… OOOOH SHINY THINGS! The mild ADHD tendencies in me are attracted to shiny things.
Favorite #2: All You Need Duffel in Silver Fox/White/Silver Fox ($148)
My favorite duffel bag came for the stiff price of $0 when I opened up a new checking account back in college. My best friend got the same duffel deal in a different color, and we both still use it on weekend trips 10 years later.
For those of you who haven’t been as lucky to hit the free gift with a checking account jackpot, this is a definitely cute option. Now, nobody buy it so it hits WMTM and I can get it for half price! (Just kidding. Kind of.)
Favorite #3: High Times Pant in Pigment Wave Multi/Biggie Pigment Wave White Black ($98)
It’s high time that the Pigment Wave Multi – lulu’s craziest new print – has come to the high times pant! Love the look of the slanted panels, just worried that the crap ton of seams on the front aren’t so squat friendly.
Heads up: They’re Full-on LUON! Sometimes lulu’s fun prints come out in Full-on Luxtreme, which is slippery smooth to touch and loves to slide down all the time until you break a considerable sweat. Luon stays put, but colors may fuzz when printed onto lighter-colored luon. Buyer beware, in case you’re a Type A personality who hates fuzzies.
Favorite #4: Pedal Pace Crop in Star Crushed Coal Black/Black ($98)
Favorite #5: Exquisite Tank II in Black ($58)
Can’t say anything from the Exquisite line jazzed me the first go around, but something about this one is all cute and pretty and wants to be worn out on a somewhat dressy patio beach club. Do I even go to dressy patio beach clubs? No. But if I did…
The Dud: Long Story Short ($68)
Normally, I’m a bigger fan than most of lulu’s to & from lines. However, this is based purely on my body type. As a 5’9″ with squat booty, I’m not a tiny person. I can tell you now that nothing about these shorts on me would say cute, it would scream MOM SHORTS AGH OMG in bright shiny lights.
- Heathered Jewelled Magenta is definitely lulu’s latest ‘it’ color
- Anyone want to tell me why there are SO MANY What the Sport Singlets this year?
- Still no Fresco Blue CRB. Someone show me a Fresco Blue CRB! Will there ever be a Fresco Blue CRB?
- There are a few new prints that are leaving me scratching my head. WHY are they so dark?
- Crosscourt petal black clarity yellow/black (Energy Bra)
- Ace spot lullaby black/lullaby (FTBW Bra)
- Art pop black multi (All Sport Bra)
- The latest Speed Shorts in jewelled magenta/dashing purple – something looks off between the piping and the waistband. They don’t look the same color to me. Is it black? Can someone please tell me I’m not nuts? Please kthx.