This Sunday, I was sitting on the couch, sliding glass door to the patio open. My place is nestled in some trees, so I generally miss out when the sky does something nice in the evening. I noticed a little through the trees that sunset was going be quite nice, but given my location I couldn’t get the full effect for beans without running through the woods and into a neighboring road.
That still wasn’t good enough, so clip clopped back inside with my flip flops on, locked all the doors, sprinted to grab my keys and bike from my car, and rode it a mile down the road to see if I could indeed get a good look at that hot sunset.
By the time I got over to where the trees cleared enough to see the ridge, the money shot was gone. But hey if I can’t get the hot sunset from where I live… I can at least get it at lululemon this week.
Damn. That anecdote was so much of a stretch, you’d think my name were Gumby.
5 Faves & a Dud: 7/2/19 Edition
Favorite #1: Throw It On Dress ($118) in Dark Olive
The only thing I am going to have trouble with on this dress is deciding which color I will ultimately throw in my shopping cart. My Lululemon dresses make up some of my absolute favorites, and this one looks to be no exception.
The length looks reasonable (hello office wear), and the drawstring is in the right spot. Not to mention the fabric is UV protectant. Odds are high I’ll be ordering this dress. New month = new budget.
Favorite #2: Bootcamp Ready Bra ($68) in Black
The high-neck bra is totally in right now, and my chest is thankful for reduced UV and gym floor exposure. I’ve got two high-neck bras from the SoulCycle capsule and a Free to be Serene *High Neck, both of which are nicer for lower impact activities.
Excited to see the thicker straps a la All Sport (RIP), that make this bra look like it can take absolutely any workout you put it through. Plus, the perforated panels add a nice texture to make it look a bit more badass. You can see the detail a bit better on the rustic coral, shown at right. I don’t love the price tag, but I have a feeling that this bra may be worth the extra dinero.
Favorite #3: Free to Be Bra *Wild ($48) in Hot Sunset
Give me all the core styles in Hot Sunset, please.
Favorite #4: Loop It Up Mat Strap *Eyelet ($18) in Moroccan Blue/Chlorine
I’m really here for the colors, not so much the item. The Towel and its smaller friend were also uploaded in this cute color combo. A lover of lazurite and kayak, I hope this little mat strap is a sign of bright and happy pieces to come in pieces that I can wear.
Also, now that I read the word ‘chlorine’, I’d like to book myself a bougie pool vacation, kthx. Really, though. Anyone have any recommendations for Scottsdale?
Favorite #5: Fast and Free High Rise Crop II 23″ ($118)
These uploaded last week, but seeing that my catch-up post from last Tuesday never saw the light of the internet, I’m including them here. This tall person loves longer things with high rises.
For a bit of comparison, here’s the black 23″ pair next to the jet stream Fast & Free Crop II with a 19″ inseam. I’m here for them.
The Dud: Still Movement Sweater *Linen ($138) in Elixir
Just making sure I’m looking at this and seeing what I’m supposed to see. A half pastel half neon sweater in July. Yeah. Yeah?
I was going to feature the heathered muslin one as last week’s dud, but here we go with an unnatural color that I’m not quite sure can find a happy place in anyone’s wardrobe. I actually HAVE this sweater in a non-linen variety, so I can’t hate on the style all that much… but this seems like way too much money for not enough fiber.
Other Fun Stuff
- ICYMI on my previous post, lululemon’s offering a Virtual Run in conjunction with Seawheeze this year. People who missed out on the big kahuna for one reason or another will still be able to run along in spirit if they are able, and get some sort of medal for it. No showcase shopping though. Sorryyyyy! 🙁
- Random color of the week: chambray
- Is anyone out there digging the Sweat Your Heart Out Short Sleeve or the Sweat Your Heart Out Tank? SWISS CHEESE.
- Don’t need a new pair, but the melanite Fast & Free Crop II are piquing my interest.
- As much as I’m drooling over Hot Sunset, I *do* want to see it in person next to my skin tone before I go all gaga over the Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve (Breeze).
- A few of last week’s favorites that I SHOULD have shared…
- I think this may be a last week piece, but the pink shell Swiftly Tech Racerback is cute.
- Also cute? The heathered breezy Scuba Hoodie *Light Cotton Fleece.
- I’d like to try the Swiftly Speed Long Sleeve a try in person to see how it differs from a Swiftly Tech.
- The nightcap All Night Festival Bag II seems like it would match a bunch of things. If only it were the shiny fun material.
- I WISH the Hotty Hot Short II Long worked on me. First Lime Pop, now Hot Sunset!
- Seems like lulu is dabbling in the streetwear trend with the Catch a Breeze Pullover.
I don’t know if I’m distracted, or just NOT feeling upload tonight. Technically it’s the first Tuesday of the month, so this upload should be HUGE and exciting, but I’m not feeling the jazz. Anyone else?
All stock images property of lululemon athletica
[Disclosure] AthletiKaty.com uses affiliate links.
Clicking on these links comes at no cost to you. I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, which helps to cover the costs associated with running AthletiKaty.com.