Tonight’s lululemon upload has got me wondering if I’ve landed on Hoth. It’s all white.
Clearly that’s the focus for the week, so you know, lulu, I’m just going to pick up what you’re throwing down. Some of this stuff was uploaded last week but moved toward the top of the page, other things are new this week.
Let’s get right to the top 5 picks for those of you who are ready to dress like a jacked marshmallow.
Side note: If you’re feeling adventurous, wear this stuff to a color run. CUSTOM LULULEMON!
5 Faves & a Dud – 4/11/17 Upload
Favorite #1: Mind Over Miles Bra ($68) in white
In my head, if I would only drop 20lbs (not gonna happen) I feel like I could pull this off on a hot day. Until then, just going to mentally high five any and everyone else I see this summer who can and is wearing something similar out in public. You go, girl!
Favorite #2: Mind Over Miles Long Sleeve ($88) in white
Thankfully the LS doesn’t share the mesh back of its short sleeved sister. As mentioned in previous posts, I’ve always been a fan of long sleeved shirts that feature contrasting sleeves (a la baseball tees), and this design lends a subtle nod to the diamond with a perforated fabric used for the sleeves.
I also like Luxtreme shirts on the looser side. They don’t wrinkle all that much, and I don’t feel bad about tossing them in the dryer. *gasp shock awe*
Yeah, I went there. Loose luxtreme tops & Swiftlies are dryer safe in my book. Everything else? Line dry that, sister!
Favorite #3: Wunder Under Hi-Rise 7/8 Tight ($98) in wee are from space nimbus battleship
You know what’s a great part about writing your own blog? Getting to make your own rules. Therefore, wee are from space nimbus battleship = white today. I put my cyber stripe silver fox High Times on this weekend for the first time in a long time, and fell in love with them all over again. These give off a similar vibe for those who want a lighter pant, but aren’t willing to go stark white.
WAFSNB isn’t a ‘new’ pattern to lululemon by any means, but because they’re showing up on the ‘What’s New’ page, they can hang out in the top 5 this week. Whee!
Favorite #4: Mind Over Miles Tight ($118) in white
Daaaaaamn Gina, these look pretty slick. While it doesn’t happen on lighter colors or prints, when it comes to pure white, lululemon takes the extra step and doubles up on the paneling in back to assure the wearer there won’t be any sheerness problems in these tights.
Favorite #5: Swiftly Tech Racerback ($58) in antidote/white
Breaking the rules AGAIN. This is fun. (Technically… ‘white’ is in the official colourway name). This is easily the most fun look on the entire page today, so I can’t leave it out. Swiftly, I want you. I also want a tan. I want to get a tan and then wear you. This looks yellower than the Speed Shorts & Energy Bra. Am I losing my marbles? Possibly. What’s the fun in being normal anyway.
The Dud: Double Time Tank ($68) in white
The layered idea isn’t all that bad, but with how sheer the fabric is, and the odd billowy way it falls in front, this tank falls flat for me. The length seems a bit short. Dud.
What Else is Buzzing Around?
- For those of you lamenting “OMG it looks like a bumblebee” in a bad way towards any of the antidote/black gear (i.e. the Mind Over Miles Crop Top & Mind Over Miles Short)… just know that comments like that may be part of the reason that lulu did away with such crazy contrasting and bright designs. Shhhh. We want the colors to come back. So this particular combo may not be your cup of tea right know, embrace it and let’s all hope together that some of our favorite color combos are on the comeback trail!
- HELLO Black Currant! <3 // Align Pant II ($98) & Wunder Under Hi-Rise Crop ($88)
- I know that I can get headbands at the local pharmacy in a 3-pack for much less, but I have to admit in the sock & headband department, lululemon has so far provided me with some reliable pieces that stay put as expected. For that, and the fact that the logo has moved down to the side in back (as opposed to front and center), I am legitimately considering dropping $14 on a Free Flow Headband. Don’t judge me.
- This Trapeze Racerback. Help me out here, are the Y straps a part of the design, or are the models just wearing matching Flow Y Bras underneath each one? *squints at screen*
- Chakra print alpine white black, due to the fact that you’re REALLY late to the black & white party, I’m unhappy to see you here. Sorry, not sorry. A Free to Be Serene Bra is still on my ‘to try’ list, though.
My computer mouse is acting like a jerk, and I’m starting to lose my patience with the blasted thing. That said, I’m stopping here.
The question of the day is, who’s headed out to snap up some Mind Over Miles gear? I’m liking this capsule more than I tend to like any given capsule of the week. That bra… <3