Ugh, I just realized… I forgot to ring the PR bell at CrossFit tonight! It’s been so long since I PR’d pretty much anything, that I didn’t even know that said lift was a PR until I looked back in myWOD and saw that the my previous 1RM power snatch was recorded in January 2015.
I thought to myself, “oh, it’s been a year”… then I realized it’s 2017. It’s been two. Huzzah nonetheless! To celebrate, I got myself the #1 item on this week’s list.
(Who are we kidding, I was going to buy them anyway – I’m digging the strive multi black.)
5 Faves & a Dud: 1/3/17 Upload
Favorite #1: Speed Short ($58) in strive multi black
From far away, they look like space, or spray paint. Up close, crinkled blue iridescent cellophane. Either way, I’m sure these shorts are going to be a hit. I consider these the consolation prize for having hesitated on the rio nights multi Speeds from last spring.
As for what the pattern really looks like? Creative suggestions in the comments section GO!
Favorite #2: Run it Out Tight ($98) in score jacquard black indian ocean
These just look like a flatteringly good idea. SCORE! (See what I did there?) The pattern gets more interesting when you give it a closer look, so don’t be freaked out if your gym bff or running partners get a bit too close when they’re admiring these for the first time.
Favorite #3: Game Day Top ($78) in cerulean blue
I have to admit I’m not exactly on board with the price tag, being $20-$30 higher than your typical sports bra. Willing to be that it’s because it’s made of aquelu, lulu’s proprietary swim fabric. Cerulean blue is simply gorgeous, and this bra seems to be the perfect marriage of the feminine front of the Free to Be line of bras with the slightly thicker band and cross-back straps of the Energy Bra. Want.
Here I am trying to reform and lulu jumpstarts January with more than a few items I want!
Favorite #4: Go With the Flow One Piece ($118) in cerulean blue/black
Having donned nothing but racerback speedo swimsuits all the way through middle and high school, the pendulum swung HARD in the opposite direction around college and I then wore nothing but two-piece swimsuits from there on out, even spending years as a lifeguard.
…until 2015, when lululemon came out with the Surf to Sand one piece. I found an odd one out in my size on sale at my local store after it had sold out pretty quickly online. While I don’t wear it all that often, it is so much flattering than I could have expected a one-piece swimsuit to be. This swimsuit is reminiscent of the Surf to Sand. Meaning, it should make your butt look nice.
Favorite #5: Go With the Flow Top ($68) in black
Even though it’s January, I still get excited whenever lululemon starts releasing their swim pieces for the year. In the past 2 years, my lululemon swimwear has held up quite nicely, so in case you haven’t given it a try yet, aquelu isn’t flimsy.
What appeals to me on these are the thin double straps and the neckline. They almost have a ballerina feel to them, and the mesh stripe and long length help lend a little extra coverage and support. The price tag will hold me back for now, but I’d be excited to grab this if it ever goes on sale.
The Dud: Work Out to Water Short ($68)
Notables & Not-so-muchables
- Someone call AC/DC, the Define Jacket is back in black!
- I’m excited to see strive multi black jazzing things up in many departments:
- Power luxtreme tiny geo black white is small but effective, I like it! See: Run It Out Tight and the very similar teeny check print white black/black Circuit Breaker Skirt
- Swimwear & paddle gear are here! Dreaming of warm weather paddleboarding, brb
- Speaking of, the Paddle Times Tights are coooooooool
- Frozen fizz white black… are members of the design team scraping the bottom of the barrel on black & white patterns? Yawn.
- Heathered naval blue Scuba Hoodie IV Terry, where were you back in the fall?
- The Cadence Crusher Bra is non-racerback AND reversible. Others in the Cadence Crusher Capsule include:
- The Dance Studio Pant III is out in dark carbon, but I can’t seem to get on board with these. I never got the II’s because the flare at the ankle was a bit too much for me, but maybe one day I’ll actually try these on and judge for myself.
- At first I thought the After Waves Dress was a potato sack, but then I saw it was an aquelu potato sack with a secret opening in the back and fun cutouts along the hem. Now I wouldn’t mind owning it.
Eyelids are getting heavy and I still have to pack a suitcase. Check out the full lineup for yourself and let me know if you broke your ‘no lulu in January’ resolution already. Heh.
Categories: 5 Faves & a Dud