Fun story: This morning, I get a text message from my sister asking if Lulu & the Box has been hacked. She tried to log on and her network at work has blocked my website, citing… wait for it…
You read that right. Gee willikers those ladies in sports bras sure are showing a lot of skin. Facepalm. There’s a first time for everything, I guess.
7:17p and upload still hasn’t happened yet. Perhaps a glitch in the system given that it’s a big spring drop tonight. I will continue to hem and haw over a new pair of Sorels until new lulu surfaces. With the whole cabin fever thing I’ve got right now comes a ticket booked to play out west next weekend. Aka… an excuse to buy nice weatherproof boots that are ON SALE. SOREL IS HAVING A SALE. There’s your PSA for the day. Come scope boots with me while we wait for upload to happen.
In other exciting news, ye olde groundhog said that spring is coming early this year. Giddy up. This year, Punxsutawney Phil is my homeboy.
Here’s upload! …and now that I look at it, it’s kind of mini. Here goes nothing.
5 Faves & a Dud – 2/2/16 Upload
Favorite #1: Tracker Short III *4-way Stretch ($54) in dandy digie porcelaine black/black
Lulu, you’re not going to make picking a top 5 this week easy, are you? First spot goes to these tracker shorts, because I like the print that’s halfway between a pretty floral and Nickelodeon Gak. 90’s kids will know what I mean.
Favorite #2: Run Times Short *4-way Stretch ($54) in twisted dune alarming black/black
These get me reasonably excited, because the pattern makes that signature flattering lulu V shape in the back. Fingers crossed that Speeds come out soon in both this print and the one above! Plus, alarming is kind of orange-looking, and with the navy blue hiding in there I can call this some sort of alma mater home job if I buy them. Go Orangemen.
Favorite #3: Wunder Under Crop (Hi-Rise) *Full-On Luon ($88) in shifted horizon red grape black
Alright, these are cause for reasonable excitement. Please don’t be sheer when we all race to the fitting room to get our hands on this subtly snazzy print. Thanks in advance, lulu.
Favorite #4: Flow Y Bra IV ($42) in boom juice
I felt like I made a mistake about not hopping on the boom juice train last year. Happy to see it back again this year so that I can have my second chance! Still going to cross my fingers and save my $42 in hopes that a boom juice CRB happens.
Also. CAN WE CHECK OUT THE SHORTS SHE’S WEARING? I want Speeds like that!
Favorite #5: Align Pant ($98) in red grape/shifted horizon red grape black
Hiding in the back as a secondary new color of the week, I almost missed these! I’m feeling the shifted horizon print, and love the unique detail using the patterned trim along the inseam. Some of you may not be fans, but I think it’s a nice jazzy touch.
The Dud: Stop At Nothing Crop ($88) in black/mini blooming pixie aquamarine multi
These are literally a HALF-ASSED attempt at patterned pants. You either go full-on, or not. Reverse mullet. Party in the front, business in the back. Easy pass.
Other Stuff Worth Noting
- No frills, heathered black/black All Sport Bra: proof you don’t need to be obnoxious to be awesome.
- Happy to see one of my favorites for casual wear has returned, the What the Sport Tee. Worth the investment, IMHO.
- That Enhearten Tank though. WHY ARE THEY STILL RELEASING STUFF IN ALARMING?!
- Same question for the Run All Day Backpack… I like the thing, but not in that ‘deceptively red online and totally bright burnt orange in person’ color.
- I’m liking the new direction things are moving, away from Bordeaux Drama and to a more purple-hued red grape. The Free to Be Bag in this color has caught my attention!
- Also into lakeside blue, but am not exactly sold on the triometric pattern that the Define Jacket was released in this week.
- There’s also some BLACK grape (not red) uploaded this week, in the In Flux Jacket. I don’t feel like black grape ever got a proper amount of love this fall.
- I can tell the space dye camo white silver spoon/silver spoon Runderful LS is soft just by looking at it. Can a girl get a vinyasa scarf in this pattern? Nope, just triplet twin stripe heathered angel wing multi… which I could swear 14 times to Tuesday is not new.
- The plain Wunder Under Pant III (not the hi-rise) is now available in solid raspberry, if anybody wants them. The cellulite monster could make an appearance if I wear these.
- More. Pink. Align Pants. This time, boom juice.
- Am I the only one that feels the patterned straps on the boom juice/cyber boom juice alarming Energy Bra just look a bit too orange for that color combination?
- Let’s confuse everyone with yet another old pink… the Swiftly Tech Racerback is now available in heathered flash light.
- I actually like the red grape In Flux Crop. These haven’t caught my eye in the past. Do I just have grape goggles on tonight?
When all’s been scrolled, said and done – my shopping cart is still empty. I am really feeling those Aligns with the shifted horizon inseam, though. Maybe I break down, maybe I hold strong. Maybe I switch tabs after hitting ‘post’ on this and go back to drooling over Sorel’s winter sale.
Gah, I effing love BOOTS.
The boom juice CRB has happened in this week’s HK upload 🙂
Ooooh that makes me happy!
That Vinyasa is not new. I have it on my closet. I bought it last summer. Sneaky.
So I’m not nuts. Nice try lulu!
Lulu also uploaded what has to be old stock of the Love tee in that prickly pear cactus print.
Never understood that print, TBH!
i want the trackers – my fave lulu short because modesty. 🙂
Yay! New Love Tees! Also, the prickly pear one has been on the site for a year now and every week I hope they move it to WMTM but they don’t. Sad.
I was a big fan of the Love Tee until the What the Sport SS came along. By the time I sized down to a fit I like on top, sometimes the Love Tee would end up being a little short on me. The #firstworldproblem of being 5’9″.
Omg! I also get the pornography error at work! I’ve started only reading the blog from my phone before IT has me walked out! Glad I’m not alone.
Whattttt? Darn you work computers for trying to stop readers from getting their weekly fix of lulu snark!
Lulu = activewear. Active = healthy. Healthy people = lower health insurance premiums.
CORPORATE AMERICA, LET EVERYONE READ MY BLOG! 😛