I did the math, and with my full-time job cranking full-speed ahead, photo-taking and post-writing time is scarce in recent months. Often times, I get ambitious and find the time for photos, but the writing piece takes a bit of time.
So, here’s some Clif’s notes and a whole mess of photos of a pair of jeans I’ve been wearing around for the last month and absolutely LOVE, and why I believe they definitely deserve your athleisurely-focused attention:
Why I love Athleta’s Sculptek Skinny Jean and you will too:
- Perfect medium wash for upcoming summer months
- Also come in a light gray and super dark indigo for all of your fashionable needs
- Mid-rise holds you in without going full MOM JEANS
- They have a perfect amount of spandex that allow for comfortable movement without compromising the denim look & feel. I happily fly in them, and I NEVER fly in ‘real’ pants
- Once you wash them and let them air dry, they go back on and feel soft again in 5 minutes, no need for awkward breaking in for days
- The pockets are lined with mesh fabric that breathes and doesn’t create awkward bulk in the hips
I used to be a huge designer denim snob. These feel like some of my all-time favorites that easily cost $50+ more. If you can do without some sort of telltale squiggle on the back pockets to advertise what label you’re wearing… snap. these. up. NOW.
Ready, set… PHOTOS!
Non-bulky pockets FTW
NOT MOM JEANS
I don’t know what to do with my hands. So I shall dance.
Sizing Notes: These also come in petite and tall lengths. They do stretch a little, so if you are in between sizes, size DOWN. Shown here is 5’9″ me who usually takes a 10 in lululemon, rocking a size 8 in regular length.
Go forth and give these babies a shot. I know this is a bit of a ‘ramble’ instead of a review, so if you have any questions about these jeans, drop it in the comments section below and I’ll be happy to answer!
– A crazy busy AthletiKaty <3