My recent purchases tab on lululemon.com is blank. Meaning, I have to go ask AMEX to find out how long it’s actually been since giving lulu any money. 47 days, in case anyone cares to know specifics.
Even though today’s weather (ayoooo, Winter Storm Stella) is no indication of spring’s heading our way, there are *some* colors finally peeking through lulu’s drab deluge of black & gray everything all winter long. I own both Pipe Dream & Porcelaine CRBs and wear BOTH on a consistent basis, so let’s just say I lost my mind a little bit when I saw today’s #1 favorite and said, “I MUST GET THOSE!”.
Catch the full upload here, and without further snowy ado, time for this week’s top five!
5 Faves & a Dud – 3/14/17 Upload
Favorite #1: Speed Short ($58) in blazer blue
Bright enough to stick with a brighter colored bra (like lip gloss) and have a colorful outfit (a la old school lululemon), but dark enough not to make you worry about every speck of dirt you come across.
PLUS… they match my knee sleeves. BUYING!
Favorite #2: Go Lightly Shoulder Bag ($78) in black
Had in shopping cart. Deleted from shopping cart. If I weren’t breaking the streak for the blue shorts, I’m not sure if I’d have broken it for this. However, this is a perfect size for a day trip, and I’ve got my eye on this one. If it’s still in stock in a few weeks and it’s still on my mind, I may be taking this bag home with me.
Favorite #3: Fast Track Weekender ($148) in black
I know, this post is on the fast track to becoming a luggage catalog. Second and last bag choice of the day, I promise.
As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, while on the pricy side, lululemon duffels make for a polished step up from a ratty gym bag for a quick weekend trip. If you’ve got a few dollars leftover in the budget, you probably won’t regret having this bag in your arsenal.
Favorite #4: Reveal Long Sleeve ($78) in black
Black with mesh, or some sort of cutouts will always have a sleek edge about it. I’m a big fan of the different angles are incorporated into this top, and I’ll be keeping an eye out for it on WMTM, unless I do something dangerous like try it on in store and cave. Why dangerous? That price tag is steep, yo. Think I’m going to dub this one the #sexyswiftly
Favorite #5: Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve ($68) in blazer blue/black
While I don’t understand the logic of having this color available while cerulean blue/black is still available online in a full size run, I still like the look. A for aesthetics, D- for redundancy (because the photo on the left is also featured twice next to itself on the product page). Nice.
The Dud: Cates Crop Tee ($48) in blue denim
The Cates Crop Tee is one of those unfortunately perfect storms of when a boxy fit and a less-than-vibrant color come together to make clothes. At least it’s not $70.
What Else? Anything? Bueller?
- For those who weren’t fans of the Swiftly Tech LS Crew‘s traditionally slim(ish) fit, there’s now a looser model called the Swiftly Tech LS (Breeze)
- You’re killin me with the fullux, smalls! The bit point ice grey black Wunder Under Hi-Rise Tight have the potential to be awesome… in luon.
- Nulux got itself a new print this week, mini concrete jungle alpine white multi! I like it, I think. Available in the expected Wunder Under Hi-Rise Tight & Energy Bra.
- For those of you who can make pretty pastels work and still look badass at the gym (not me) the Cool Racerback II (still boycotting) is now in a color similar to lullabye, hydrangea blue.
- I still need to try me a Sculpt Tank II, maybe in blazer blue? Heheh, I rhymed.
- For those of you who are always down for a 2-in-1 item, the Turn About Tank looks like it could be cute. The only thing is if you wear it with the split seam in front, you’ve got to tie the ends in a knot, unless you’re ok with looking like you’re wearing a vest and can’t find your tux.
- While I dig the LS, I’m on the fence about all the holes in the side of the Reveal 7/8 Tight. Swiss cheese, but pants? Lulu’s banking on their success, dropping them in 5 different colors this week.
My face is getting tired. Maybe it’s from that whole work-shovel-work-shovel-work-shovel thing that I did from 8a straight until it was time to write this post.
With the blazer blue, viridian green and lip gloss, I’ve got hope for lulu this spring. Cautious hope. Anyone else end a dry spell this week?